| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tru Country from Hamilton , Texas on RFD Jan 1
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2009 9:08 am    

Hey guys.....I hope I have my info correct but for those of you who love the traditional music that's been coming out of Texas these last few years , the Tru Country show is being advertised to air on Jan 1 sometime around 10 PM and again around the noon hour Sat Jan 2.It has everything you've been wanting to hear....Bobby Flores , Jake Hooker , Justin Trevino , Darrell McCall , Amber Digby , Miss Leslie , Leona Williams , Heather Myles , great steel and fiddles....you just gotta see it.
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2009 9:34 am    

Yes Larry you got it going.
Here's the details:
Tab:

Watch TRUCOUNTRY MUSIC at the Circle T Arena in Hamilton, TX

Season One to be aired on RFD TV every Friday starting January 1, 2010
at 1:30 PM Eastern Time (12:30pm Central, 11:30am Mountain, 10:30am Pacific).
Replay time: 11:30pm Eastern, 10:30pm Central, 9:30pm Mountain, 8:30pm Pacific

Next LIVE taping: Friday April 23, 2010 at the Circle T Arena in Hamilton, TX.

RFD-TV Schedule of Shows for TruCountry as follows:

Jan 1st & 3rd: Jake Hooker, Heather Myles and James Hand
Jan 8th & 10th: Darrell and Mona McCall, Jake Hooker and Bode Barker
Jan 15th & 17th: Bobby Flores and Miss Leslie Sloan
Jan 22nd & 24th: Justin Trevino and Amber Digby
Jan 29th & 31st: Heather Myles and Dallas Wayne
Feb 5th & 7th: Leona Williams and Jake Hooker
Feb 12th & 14th: Miss Leslie Sloan and James Hand
Feb 19th & 21st: Darrell McCall and Heather Myles
Feb 26th & 28th: Jake Hooker and Amber Digby
March 5th & 7th: Bobby Flores and James Hand
March 12th & 14th: Justin Trevino and Heather Myles
March 19th & 21st: Leona Williams and Miss Leslie Sloan
March 26th & 28th: Season highlights from the stars of TruCountry

Here's the website> http://www.trucountrymusic.com/index.html

Jim Loessburg held down the steel on all the shows except I played my Sho~bud LDG with Miss Leslie and a couple fiddle tunes Bobby Flores and Miss Leslie did together.
Was a great show and looking forward to the next.
Ricky
Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2009 9:59 am    

I was reading about this last night in my RFD magazine.I couldn't believe it when I saw who was going to be on the program!Man,this is too good to be true!Maybe,if we're lucky,the masses will see this and learn what real country music is supposed to sound like.I envy you Texans!

Andy
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2009 12:35 pm    

Ricky......thank you very much for that schedule. I appreciate it !!!
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2010 6:47 am    

The potential for true Country music and exposure for those Texas mainstays are boundless..With the many tru Country artist and pickers that are still making livings in Texas; think about it?.Now its up to the tru Country fans who are hungry for real country music to show their support..If RFD is not on your cable companys programming,request it..Direct Tv has it on channel 345. For tru Country music this could be a real Happy New Year..
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2010 9:50 am    

Looks like the airing of the Rose Parade will cobble up the first time slot...
So the first airing of true-country will air tonight 10:30pm Central time.
Ricky
Larry Schoppe

Lake Jackson, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2010 10:53 am    

My DVR is set! I'm very excited about this.
John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2010 12:06 pm    

I know this is going to be a great series. These are some of the best doing great COUNTRY music. I know Jim and Ricky did a great job on steel. Please as this on and write in to RFD Tv and show your support.

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2010 9:10 pm    

Well I caught the first show and I must say I wasn't really impressed. There was a lack of music and an over abundance of commercials. I never did hear Jake sing. He must have been on the first 3 minutes I missed. If RFD would charge a couple bucks more for that magazine or quit giving away that damn hat maybe they could afford to play more music. Every show on there is filled with commercials. On the plus side Miss Leslie sounded real good with Heather Myles. Jim Loessberg sounded good when they let him play, and Bobby's fiddling was great as always.
Tony Smith

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2010 10:05 pm    

I posted already about the Tru-Country show tonight, but I guess I didn't do it right. It never showed up any where(yet). I was just saying that I too was looking so forward to seeing this show air. All the super talent Texas has to offer, but as I watched it I had a thought....On that stage were Jake Hooker, Bobby Flores, plus many others that are great singers and pickers. Why would we need people like Darrell McCall and Mona, Ron Williams...I could go on and on, when we have James Hand. Now I know they're going to have great talent on in future shows, but give me James Hand. Yep, give me James Hand. That's setting the bar pretty high on the first show, and it makes the first time watchers who might not know what real country is, want to come back for more of....yep, James Hand
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2010 8:27 am    

I thought it was well done, however, the commercials were mostly RFD, not outside spots except a couple. They will need more outside revenue in order for it to continue, IMO. One thing I did notice. The 2nd song Heather did appeared to have the harmony vocals dubbed in from her album. There were multiple voices and Leslie was not singing.

Again, no one else is producing this type of material anywhere on TV, and we should be grateful and show support as well as spread the word.
Leroy Riggs

Looney Tunes, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2010 9:30 am    

For those of you with DirecTv, this show will be repeated Sunday at 2:30 PM ET.
Jimmy Queen

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2010 10:19 am    

Don't forget that mp3s of alot of your favorite real country artists like Jake Hooker, Bobby Flores, Amber Digby, Darrell McCall, Leona Williams, Ron Williams, and Curtis Potter are available at www.buckatune.net

The site also includes tracks from steelers John Hughey, Ron Elliott, Mike Sigler, Virgil Watts, and Herb Steiner. There's also tracks from Bobby Caldwell.
Bill Holt

Boling, Texas
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2010 7:53 pm    

Tony Smith wrote:
I posted already about the Tru-Country show tonight, but I guess I didn't do it right. It never showed up any where(yet). I was just saying that I too was looking so forward to seeing this show air. All the super talent Texas has to offer, but as I watched it I had a thought....On that stage were Jake Hooker, Bobby Flores, plus many others that are great singers and pickers. Why would we need people like Darrell McCall and Mona, Ron Williams...I could go on and on, when we have James Hand. Now I know they're going to have great talent on in future shows, but give me James Hand. Yep, give me James Hand. That's setting the bar pretty high on the first show, and it makes the first time watchers who might not know what real country is, want to come back for more of....yep, James Hand

I had to read it again before I understood what you were really saying. (Imagine being a polka musician from a top quality polka/variety band and attempting to watch a full hour of Big Joe Polka Show. Shocked )

I thought there should be more music and less talk, but I'm a musician, not a member of the general public. Regular folks like to hear a little from and about the artists. Musicians mainly want to hear them pick and sing. But I am loathe to fuss too much. At least the music is making on the air. Nobody else is doing it, so I am truly thankful.

Bill

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2010 7:16 am    

Bill, you're right.
Jimmy Queen

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2010 11:19 am    

Don't forget that most of the artists on trucountry have music available for download at www.buckatune.net

There's also lots of instrumentals (including steel guitar!) and even rhythm tracks.

Check it out!