| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Saluda Convention 11-17-02
Buddy Walker

Johnston, SC, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2002 5:31 pm    

We had bad weather but still had a great turnout I would like to list the musicians that played over the week end: Johnny & Joan Cox., Hereby Wallace,,Roger Crawford, Bill Nicholson, Larry Moore, Bob Strum, Bill Ferguxzon( also MC) Charles Reece,Tommy Dodd and band, Chris Sigmon, Joe Turner, Wayne Williams, David Christmas, Bill Plemmous,Garland Nash, Guy Pealer,Wayne Stowers, Jim Hartley,Jack Mollotte, Woody Ledford, Billy Puckett,Bob Strickland, Johnny Thomas, Wayne Smith , and Riley Hart and great vocals by Rob Parker We sure appreciate the musicans that support our convention without them we would not have a convention Thanks Buddy and Charles Southern Steel Guitar

------------------
Buddy Walker

[This message was edited by Buddy Walker on 20 November 2002 at 08:22 PM.]

Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2002 3:51 am    

Buddy, thanks for the opportunity to be with these great musicians. The relaxed atmosphere and variety of styles really makes a fun show. Thanks again, Bob
Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2002 5:33 am    

Yeah Buddy, one of the best shows I've been to. You guys come on out in Feb for Jeff Newman and John Hughey!
Joan Cox

Eustace, TX USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2002 7:24 am    

Thanks to Buddy Walker and all the guys for inviting Johnny and I to play at the show this year. We had a wonderful time and we would encourage everyone to attend the Saluda show if you're able. Lots of nice people and the back-up musicians do a great job too. We're looking forward to going back.
Joan
Jerry Braswell

Hiram, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2002 11:24 am    

Buddy and Charlie,
I enjoyed being at your show this past Sunday. It was good to see and hear my musician friends. I would like you and Charlie to know how much I appreciate you guys for what you are doing for the Shriners Hospitals for Children. You are able to have a good time and raise money for a good cause. It was good to see Johnny and Joan along with all the other players. It was through watching you guys that we were able to start one in the Atlanta area. It was fun and I look forward to coming to some more of your shows next year.

Jerry Braswell
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2002 5:00 pm    

Buddy, the show was awesome! I'm glad you invited Johnny and Joan. They are great players. I met them at the Grand Ole Opry in November of 2000. I hope they'll come to more Saluda shows. Brett Day, Emmons S-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger