| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Couldn't Stand It
Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2009 11:55 am    

Like an idiot, I sold my Mullen D-10 a few months back thinking I was going to stick to guitar. But, after going to the Fl Steel Guitar Club meeting this month and to my local Manasota meeting, I just couldn't take it anymore - I had to have a steel. It looks like I'll be doing a little horse trading with a fellow forumite for an SD-12 Fessy 4x5 ext. E9th in the always best sounding black mica. Figured I couldn't get in a lot of trouble with that tuning and worst case scenario I could take off the two bottom strings, but I don't think I'll have a problem.

Does anyone know of any sound clips showing off what the lower voicings can do?

I'm also looking forward to owning one of Jerry's guitars - I've heard nothing but good things about him and his instruments. Can't wait!!

Cahokia, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2009 12:03 pm    

COngratulations !

( Hope that wife is still in "understanding" mode...)
Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2009 12:16 pm    

Yeah, well, that's still to be determined!

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2009 12:22 pm     psg

Jerry builds a great guitar. Make should you remove the metal piece on the back apron to make sure the bushings are still in place with the knee levers. I've had them shift a little during shipping, therefore amking the cross shaft seem loose when actually only the bushings that need to be pushed back into place. Might take 2 or 3 minutes at the most. Tune the 11th to a G# and #12 to a E for extended E9th.