| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sat Sept 7th
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2002 3:00 am    

Just a note to say that the Country Classics will not be at Cowskin Prairie in Grove Ok this Sat....John Terry has to be in El Paso, Illinois with Phil Coontz and Fall Creek. For any forumites in that area, this will be a great show.....anyways, next Fri Sept 13 at Chief Sarcoxie Days, Sarcoxie Mo(just east of Joplin) we'll be holding forth with all the regulars..John Buffington, John Terry, Joey Adams, Larry King and for this show we'll have the fabulous Dewayne Bowman..this will be fun and once again I promise nothing but traditional country.Then Sat Sept 14 its back to Cowskin Prairie, famous for its Seafood buffet and awesome Steaks and pretty durn good music...just remember Hezakiah 3:1 "he that tooteth not his own horn, the same shall not be tooted"
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2002 8:28 am    

....."Hezakiah 3:1 "he that tooteth not his own horn, the same shall not be tooted".....

Larry, my good friend Jerry Horner of Merl Lindsay's Oklahoma Nightriders said that to me about 40 years ago....He doesn't remember saying it but I have abided by that advice ever since! Actually what he said was..."Blow your own horn because no one else will".

I'm gonna try to make it up to Grove!
www.genejones.com

[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 06 September 2002 at 09:30 AM.]