| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Current info on Bud Isaacs
robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2009 1:46 pm    

I am revising the Bud Isaacs entry for the Country Music Hall of Fame's Encyclopedia of Country Music.

Two questions (1) Is Bud Isaacs still performing and (2) is he still performing with Geri Mapes.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by robert kramer on 8 Oct 2009 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Gibbons

Post  Posted 3 Oct 2009 11:04 am     Check here...

Hi Robert,

Here's Mr. Bud's & Ms. Geri's email address: budbullchit@aol.com

Let us all know!

Tommy
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2009 9:03 pm    

We had an 80th Birthday Bash for Bud in Yuma this past March. He is not preforming but he and got up and told some stories that were great.

Plans are to have that event every year. We were expecting 2 to 300 and estimates were closer to 1,000 or more. Nokie Edwards (of Venture's fame) and Bobby Gibson were also there plus steel players from Texas, Canada, California and many more places. I emceed the event and it was an honer for me to be a small part.

He usually comes to the Phoenix Show in January (I think he has only missed one because of some illness.)
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2009 5:55 am    

Tommy, Thanks for contact info on Bud Issacs. Joe, thanks for update on Bud. Wish I had been at his 80th birthday bash to hear the stories he told. I will let you know his current activities.
Tommy Gibbons

Post  Posted 4 Oct 2009 8:37 am     Bud's Bash March '09

Joe, my cousin lives in Yuma and knows Bud and Geri. She was at their party in March. Here are a couple of pictures...You may know the Steelman in one of the photos. Who are the band members?

Tommy

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2009 12:15 pm     Band members?

Joe Naylor can probably tell you who all played, but in the picture I can see Denney Sarver on his Ampeg upright bass (he plays with Three Wheel Drive and did the SWSGA show last January), looks like Albert Talley - president of TSGA on steel. I can't make out the others.