| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Changing a Pedal or Knee - Position for Pull-rod?
Kenn Geiger

Salem, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2009 10:47 am    

I am relatively new to the PSG and have just inherited a U12 Mullens Very Happy , [from my sister-in-law] and want to change it to an Extended E9 so that the teaching material I have gathered will work on it. My question is, when changing a pedal or knee, if I want to raise or lower a half step should I use the hole closer to the hub, and inversely a whole step means farther out from the hub?

I may see the answer for myself when I take it apart, but I like to try to think it all through before just diving in. I welcome any/all suggestions (other than giving the guitar away Laughing )

Thankx,

Kenn
Ryan Barwin

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2009 11:38 am    

If you're changing it to extended E9th, you're mostly moving the bellcranks around, and removing the B6th pulls, so you can mostly leave the rods in the same position on the bellcranks, then just move the rods to a different changer finger, and move the bellcranks to line up the pull. Use the same hole in the changer finger as the rod was in before you moved it.

And very importantly, write down all the original positions before you take it apart, so you can put it back if you need to.

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2009 1:24 pm    

The closer to the changer axle, the further it moves(harder) the farther from the axle on the bellcrank the further it moves(harder) Take pictures,if you have a dig camera.(lots of pictures)The link below has a lot of good info.

Bill

http://www.steelguitarinfo.com/infoindex.html