| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Behavior
Jimmy Lewis

Harrisonburg, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2009 10:15 am    

This may not be the place to post this topic so Bob if you choose to move it I will understand. I am not going to call any names here but I think it a shame when someone post and someone else makes a comment that is uncalled for and hateful not even knowing the circumstances of that persons reason for posting or their motive when it is above board.

I have a visual handicap and I know how it feels when someone bashes you for no reason. I am not trying to cause a conflict here but I am referring to a certain persons actions on another thread. I just think we should all try to get along and when we have done something wrong and it is pointed out to us we should be willing to apologize without being hateful about it. I hope all of you have a nice weekend.
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2009 11:14 am    

Actually, Jimmy, I would think that this belongs in Forum Feedback, I am sure that b0b will take care of that.

You hit on a very valid point in this thread, that we all must remember to not post things out of turn, as in when we don't know the full story. I read a post of yours and think I found the one you are referring to. You had the right to tell this person. He then apologized. Now, to show what a big person you are, you should let bygones be bygones.

Your post also gives us a lesson in proper 'netiquette'... to try and not post hurtful things, especially when we don't know the other person through other means than the written word. We are all guilty of this at one time or another. I certainly know that I am. The best I can do is try and do things better next time.

I can identify with what you tell us that you have a visual impairment. Recently I have been given the gift of a grandson with a visual impairment ( I hate to use this word, it is so misleading) This little guy is now 10 months old and visually different, but certainly not impaired ( He has Down Syndrome) This little man has already taught us so many things and has been the exact most valuable addition to this family.

In closing, I will offer you a piece of common netiquette: Usually it is enough if you bump an item once every couple of days.

Jimmy, I am happy to have made your acquaintance!
Best wishes,
Bent