| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho~Bud Pro II (early to mid 70s)
Kris Taylor

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2009 4:44 pm    

I have an early to mid 70s Sho~Bud Pro II with the round front. I bought this guitar from Chuck McGill a few years back. This is the one with the rack/barrels. I've heard a lot that this mechanism is very desirable. It is 8 X 2 and has a walnut red/brown lacquer-look to it. All original I believe. I bought this with the intention of playing it a lot and it just didn't happen. Playing too much 6-string right now. I've got to come up with some money pretty soon and I figured one of you out there would play this one more than I have. It has the most amazing tone I've ever heard and it plays great. I think the finish looks awesome, but being original, it has a little age to it. Minor checking, some bar dings, whatever... don't you worry though, this thing cleans up and shines! Email me if you are interested. I'd like $1750 plus shipping, but I will entertain reasonable offers.

Thanks,

Kris

I had always thought this was a 1970 model, but I am being told different years now that I've posted it. I've corrected the post to match since I'm not sure.

Last edited by Kris Taylor on 26 Aug 2009 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Kris Taylor

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 9:05 am     Pictures

Looks like this...

The flash emphasizes some scuffs on the front, but they actually appear darker in person and don't look bad.

Johnny Thomasson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2009 2:44 pm    

Kris, I have that guitar's identical twin, except mine has rope inlay. Ricky Davis said he thought mine was a '72. Ricky added 2 more knees to make it 8x4. It sounds like a million bucks. This one should sell fast, and someone will get a great guitar!

Good luck with the sale.

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2009 9:56 am    

Cool guitar. Beautiful wood!! It is barrels behind two hole pullers. The rack and barrel was the model before the Pro II--the "Professional". Yours is a little more desireable than the rack and barrel model. Cool
Kris Taylor

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2009 7:38 am    

Back to the top Smile
Kris Taylor

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2009 4:55 pm    

One more time... any offers? Got a couple trades that I'm inclined to consider but I could use the money more.