| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeff Surratt-Show Pro
john widgren

Wilton CT
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2009 6:48 am    

Just a quick thanks to Jeff Surratt at Show Pro Pedal Steels.

I needed a very small parts order for a tech job on an LDG I'm working on. Jeff provided immediate help and some added tech tips. He even made a special "same day" trip to the shipper to save a day of transit time. He did this for a "small potatoes" order, at a time when I know he is very busy preparing for the convention.

What a great guy! What beautiful instruments.

Thanks Jeff.
Mark Treepaz

Hamburg, New York USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2009 7:04 am    

Yep. Jeff is a terrific guy for sure, and his craftsmanship is superb!

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2009 5:48 pm    

Jeff and Gloria are absolutely two of the finest people I've ever met . It makes it a real pleasure to do business with them.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats
Stuart Devenish

Melbourne, Australia
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2009 2:29 am    

Let me jump in here;

in June I bought the beautiful green 18 month-old SD10 3x3 Show Pro advertised on the Forum, from Jerry van Hoose (thanks Jerry - you're terrific to deal with - kudos to you my friend).

The guitar went back to the factory (at Jerry's cost - thanks again!) to have 3 extra knees and 3 extra pedals fitted. The aim was to end up with a 10 string 6x6 short universal tuning - which we achieved.

Jeff Surratt -- the gentleman in question in this email -- worked patiently, persistently, and professionally to fit the knees and levers. We commuinicated by email across the long miles between Sydney Australia and Nashville Tennesee for 3 weeks. Jeff wasn't asked if he wanted the job - it simply arrived on his doorstep! He had to fit it in between building new guitars and is regular work.

In the end I couldn't be happier with the guitar, the service, the sound, and the end-product. After 12 years of playing steel, I'me finally happy with my sound (but not my chops - yet!) I've got a winner here!!

Australia's most accomplished player, Michel Rose, played the guitar 2 weeks ago and stated he'd be delighted to have a chance to own and play this world-class guitar.

I'm a happy camper!

Thanks Jeff.

Best.

Stuart Devenish.