| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fred Jack
Curtis Alford

BastropTexas, USA 78602
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2009 6:11 am    

Fred should hang his head in shame.He has been blessed with a daughter and her neice ,his grand-daughter(15Yr old).
I saw them perform last night at the Lockhart,Tx Opry.
Dottie is a fine singer and her neice, I did not get her name(Fred insert her name please),did an outstanding show.
Dottie told me I knew the answer as to who her favorite steeler and drummer is. Her neice is a fiddle student of Bobby Flores and very talented.She absolutely plays pro-fiddle in the Flores style.Enough said about that.
Fred must be very proud.
Curtis
Milton C. Willmann

Spring Branch, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2009 8:14 am    

Curtis,

Mr. Fred Jack is a very lucky man. Miss Jade Jack is an accomplished fiddle player, in the Tommy Jackson style. A few of us got to see Jade at Dallas with another young performer, Austin Stewart. They made some fine music. Of course Dottie is a great singer and just happens to be married to Jim Loessberg. Jim is one of Texas' best drummers and steel players.

BastropTexas, USA 78602
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2009 11:20 am     Fred Jack

Milton,
I have known Jim since he was youg man, I also played with his Dad who was a steeler. Last night Jade did some Ray Price tunes, these were for sure in the Bobby Flores style. I have heard Bobby with Price,Jade sure did job those numbers just as Bobby does. I did not notice the Thompson style sound it,however, I am not an expert on the gentleman.
Just a really great job by both.
Curtis
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2009 1:30 pm    

Fred's other daughter Joanie(Jade's mom) also sings her brass off. Fred is a good singer and plays good steel guitar. Peg manages to keep them all in line. A super family. Jody.
Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2009 9:48 pm     Howdy

Well I just got home from taking Jade to her lesson with Bobby. I don't have to tell her lets go cause she starts bugging me early in the day.Probably the smoothest move I ever made with that girl was getting her with Bobby. Her practice time picked up treeemendously!
Curtis, I wish you had come over and stuck a pin in me and let a little of the puffiness out. At least said hello. I'll be looking for you next time.
Milton, Those are kind words and I do appreciate them.Jody, jody Jody. Let me assure you that Peg is failing in her job.Actually, people used to ask, Fred, how do you get out so much? I said heck it ain't no problem getting out, its the getting back in thats the problem.I can say Peg I'm goin in to the Spoke do you want to go? No you go on! Peg, I'm goin in to Artz to see Burt you want to go? No you go on.Anyplace I want to go she says go on. I guess its cause I'm to old to cause any excitement so she don't worry none.I am really proud of my family. I've been truly blessed! Regards, Fred
Dennis Lobdell

Freeport,Tx,USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2009 6:23 am    

Hi Fred! Glad to see your post. I wish you and your family continued sucess. You are all pros. Take care;Dennis
Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2009 10:11 am    

Thanks Dennis! Wish you could have made it to Bay City when we were there recently.
Larry Schoppe

Lake Jackson, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2009 2:04 pm    

Fred, I really enjoyed Dottie's CD release party in Bay City a couple of weeks ago. You should be proud because Dottie, Joanie, & Jade are all great musicians, and some guy called Jim did a pretty good job on steel too. You and Dick weren't half bad either.
Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2009 8:27 pm    

Thank you, Larry! It was nice to see you and visit a little bit. I was busy. I remember why I quit playing now.It keeps one too busy. Fred
Darrel Muzney

South Sioux City, Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2009 6:09 pm     Fred's musical family

Fred, Darrel here. Long time no talk. I have not heard you family play live but I do play the cd all the time. It's sounds like it was a great show. I am going to try and make it down to Texas this winter and I'll try and see you and your family.

I hear you have been in touch with brother Don. He sure is looking forward to his trip down south.

Later, Don's other brother

DARREL