| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  AKG D-19 mic
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 24 May 2009 2:54 am    

About 30 years ago I bought a mic from a friend that had a bass roll off feature, I used it for all of my apartment recordings back at the time. I knew it was an AKG but was not sure of the model. My friend asked about it maybe 15 years ago, I thought I sold it back to him. Evidently I did not.

Look what I found in my old parts box this morning, in fully functional and not bad physical shape.

An original AKG D19 , also referred to as the "Beatle" mic.

I had actually been looking for this mic a few months ago as I started recording the Acoustic again, but when I couldn't find it I assumed I sold it back to my friend.

Reading about these on the net this morning it appears these are still in quite the demand and in some cases carry a $500 price tag ! Holy Moly Batman ! I think I paid $20 for it back then.

This is an AKG D-19 C200 and it is missing the label on the bass roll off switch, other than that it's in pretty good shape for sitting in the bottom of a box for the past 20 years !

t

ps, I tracked with the mic last night and it's pretty nice, certainly not the best but overall clean and bright.

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 25 May 2009 7:51 am    

Tony--that is a terrible sounding microphone and should be disposed of before it does any harm--please send it to me quickly and I will make sure it is disposed of in a timely fashion...

Smile

Nice find Smile
John Roche

England
Post  Posted 29 May 2009 2:26 am    

Tony, first class mic.