| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  P/P 6th string tuning problem
Jory Simmons

Elkhorn, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2009 10:11 am    

I have a problem with my '81 p/p...after raising six... The G# returns flat...sometime very flat...I'll tune up the screw on the end plate and its fine for a few songs...then it does it again....Its often now, and so bad I cannot Gig with it. Lucky for me I have a back up Steel...but I can't fig this prob out. ANYBODY??? CHIME IN PLEASE??? I SHOULD ALSO STATE THAT I LOWER THAT STRING ALSO... with My LKL with a 1/2 stop....but That seems to work OK...

Warsaw, Poland
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2009 11:21 am    

Jory,

I had this problem on my guitar. The stop screw on my guitar was so loose that I was constantly retuning.

IF your problem is exactly like mine you have two options.

1. Get a pen that has that spring in it. I stop by the Arizona Federal Credit Union and get a hand full of free pens when I need some. Take the spring out and take the screw out all the way and put the spring on the screw (you may have to trim the spring to fit). Put the screw back on and the spring will push against the finger and the screw head and not allow it to slip out.

2. Get "Re-Usable" Loc Tite and put it on the screw. I used the BLUE Loc Tite.

My guitar rarely goes out of tune now and the only issues I normally have are from the drummer brushing up against my key head as he walks by.

m.