| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  My dad
Bob Feher

Center Moriches, New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2001 12:04 am    

My father served in France during WW2,and survived with a serious schrapnel wound in his back till the the day he died Wednesday night in his sleep. I witnessed my cousin through the WTC bombing(47 floor) in "95",and again Sept 11 on the 73rd floor
WTC1(she survived both) but nothing could prepare me for the passing of my father. I live in New York and my parents live in the state of Vermont(Retired).I love my father and with the Bronze Star he earned doing what any young man from Yorkville NYC would have done I will respect and love him till the day I die.My fathers name is Lester Feher. He was my Hero. I love him now,and I will love him forever.

[This message was edited by Bob Feher on 19 October 2001 at 04:13 PM.]

[This message was edited by Bob Feher on 19 October 2001 at 04:17 PM.]

Pat Jenkins

Abingdon, VA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2001 2:29 am    

Bob, my heart goes out to you and your family. I always feel that I have been privileged to live as long as I have (4Cool and still have both of my parents. They are several states away, but, I talk to them frequently on the phone and visit when I can. I know a phone call could come any day to say one of them has left us. And no matter really, even if know something imminent is about to happen, it is difficult to prepare your heart and mind for the passing of a parent. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Pat
Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2001 4:27 am    

Bob, I'm very sorry to hear this.
I wish you find strength in these dark days and faith to come trough this. All the best, Johan
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2001 7:17 am    

Bob, I am very sorry for you. I lost both parents 3 years ago 6 month apart and it gets better with time but the void remains.
You have my prayers and sympathy.
Jerry
Jeff Coffell

Killeen Texas
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2001 8:30 am    

So sorry to hear of the passing of your Father. Thank God I still have mine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

PLUMB COUNTRY
bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2001 1:21 pm    

Bob I am so sorry to hear of you loss. You will be in my prayers. Your dad was a hero, and I think him for his service to our country.

God Bless you and your family.
Bob Feher

Post  Posted 8 Oct 2001 11:31 pm    

You know one never knows until that time comes just exactly what will happen when you loose a loved one.I have to admit that up here in Vermont, being such a small town I was able to be with may father one last time,all alone and in the equivilent of my own livngroom.He was still in his pajamas unembalmed and cold but he looked like himself,and notlike some sewn up made up mummy these funeral homes make you look so often.I was up here in Vermont last weekend to take my Mom to visit her only remaining living sister.I was going to take her down during the summer but decided my father was too sick then to be left alone,so it figures three days after I took her with me this time to New York, the first in five years,he passed on. Like I said you never know until it happens to you. What's the point of this story you might ask? ...Don't ever take anything for granted,and make sure you say I love you everyday of your life to those important to you. As me and my Mom drove away that last Sunday before we all waved goodbye to each other I told my father I loved him,and I still don't think that was enough but nothing is enough when you don't want to say goodbye forever.Who would have known.I thought he was doing ok. Thank you Pat,Johan,Jerry,Jeff ,and Bob for your kind words.I bought my first ,and only steel guitar from a forum member,and have met the nicest people ever since on here.I only wish I will learn to play this thing well before my time is done on this earth.I feel like I know Bobbe,Mike,Jody,Jack,Gene,WC,Larry,and my idols personally.Thank you Bobby Lee for giving us a place to go to in good times ,and bad.Love to all,and may our music make us all happy. Sincerely Bob Feher

[This message was edited by Bob Feher on 09 October 2001 at 12:46 AM.]

[This message was edited by Bob Feher on 09 October 2001 at 12:48 AM.]

Jimmie Misenheimer

Bloomington, Indiana - U. S. A.
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2001 5:13 pm    

Bob - We've never met, but I just read your post about what must have been a GREAT dad. It's through tear dimmed eyes that I type this. Sorrow for your loss, and sorrow for the loss that will be mine someday. I watch my dad , 84 years old, slip a little more each day. I'm not a kid, but I'll always be his "little boy". I had to leave for a few minutes. I might not ought have started this, but it's very kind of you to listen. So many things stand out in my mind now. Things that he told me - things he taught me. Now he doesn't talk much at all. Things that will always stand out in my mind are "Boy - I'll always stick by you as long as it ain't got nothin' to do with cheatin', lyin', or stealin' - any of that an' you're on your own" or "Damnit boy - nobody EVER learned anything while they was talkin'... you have to listen to learn anything"!! The best one though was, "If it ain't yours, then keep your damned hands OFF OF IT... you won't get into trouble that way"!! I won't bother you with any more. This did me ALOT of good -- I sure thant you for "listening". A Friend... Jimmie Misenheimer
Bob Feher

Post  Posted 15 Oct 2001 9:31 pm    

Due to the circumstances of the post concerning my father's passing I realized I should have put it in the extended family section. I apologize for that. Bobby if you want to put it there for a litle while longer that would be great but if not thanks for all of the condolences, emails,and to you Jimmie. Your Dad sounds great to me.I'm 51,and my Dad was 79. I really worry about my Mom though.I have to do for her now what she has done for me my whole life. Sincerely, Bob Feher
Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2001 10:31 pm    

Bob,
I know we don't know each other, but I just found this post and I wanted to add my condolences concerning the loss of your dad. I'm really sorry to hear about it, and I hope the Lord will help and strengthen you and your family through this most difficult of times.

God bless,
Lem Smith
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2001 2:10 am    

Bob, thank your for posting this note about your Dad. I never had a relationship with my father as we lived apart for almost my entire life. He passed in '86. From this I have learned that my children are the most important things in my life, I am honored to say that I have a relationship with my daughters which equals what you have with your Dad. I am very saddened by your loss and am very greatful that you took the time to tell us all about him.

TP

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 18 October 2001 at 03:12 AM.]

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 18 October 2001 at 03:17 AM.]

Harry Hess

Blue Bell, PA., USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2001 1:57 pm    

Bob,

There are no words to express what you're going through. I buried my dear old man this past 9-24 in Arlington Nat Cem.

I'm having a very hard time. I hope you recover better than I am doing. My best wishes to you.

Regards,
HH
Bob Feher

Post  Posted 20 Oct 2001 6:15 pm    

With all my heart felt thanks I appreciate all the kind words,and emails I have received.Thank you Lem ,and Tony,and to you Harry believe it when I tell you my mother is holding ME up through all this,although she has her moments. I try to be her rock.I just never thought it would be this hard but I have to get her down here with me. I am not dealing with this very well either Harry,and I'm not ashamed to admit it.Tony.... your daughters are your diamonds.I feel they know it already,and they will give you what you might not of had with your father. Lori..You can close this thread,and I appreciate this forum for letting me try to deal with probably the hardest thing I have ever dealt with in my life.Thank you ,and God Bless