| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks From The Swsga!!!
Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 9:22 pm    

Well, we are back in Vegas and just now turned on the computer. We had to be back at work early on Monday, and have been exhausted after such a GREAT time in Phoenix! Meriul and I have finally rested up somewhat and we are still on the "high" after seeing and being with so many old and new friends.

There are so many people who are responsible for this successful show. Of course, the players were all awesome. We had many first time players, as well as some who have not missed a year. Old and young and somewhere in between. They all played wonderfully. What a great mix...from Bach to Rock....literally. The vendors were there and showed off some really great CDs, DVDs, Instruction materials, guitars, amps, and accessories. We so appreciate the vendors who do so much to help support our efforts.

The SWSGA directors are beyond compare. Troy, Peggy, Joe, and LaRue are great to work with and we also like each other! John Hensch and his terrific video and audio crew have gone above and beyond in producing the best eye and ear candy for steel guitar. The stage hands, door keepers, everyone at the registration desk and spouses of the staff all pitched in to make this show just what it is...GREAT!! I am so hoping I didn't leave anyone out.....everyone is really appreciated.

Our backup band is TOPS. We miss Ben Brogdon. His untimely passing threw us for a loop. We had never imagined a show without Ben. It took some last minute scrambling to try to fill "Big Shoes", but thanks to you faithful guys who stepped up to help out, not only in the bass department, but also in the lead guitar section. Without such a fantastic band, our show would not have been nearly as good.

To all you who came to watch, enjoy, pay admission, buy tickets and support us in so many ways, a HUGE TIP OF THE HAT!! Without your support this show would never happen and we appreciate you more than you know.

The SWSGA is proud to be able to present the steel guitar at it's best to all who come to enjoy.

Thanks again to each of you for your kind words and participation in our sixth annual show. We look forward to the seventh annual show with great anticipation and excitement. It will be held on January 21, 22 and 23, 2010. Plan to be a part of it!

Billy and Meriul Easton
Las Vegas, NV
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2009 4:21 pm    

Thanks for having us again this year Billy. It was a GREAT show.

Donna, Jerry & Austin
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2009 5:33 pm     Me 2

Billy it was a great pleasure to meet you. Im looking forward to seeing you next year!!!...Mickey
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Patrick Hickey

Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2009 7:56 pm    

Billy,

Great job and the effort really paid off given all the positive feedback. I really appreciate the DVD. The SWSGA is a great organization and it was an honor and priviledge to be one of the players this year. Thank you and the group for putting on such a great show.

Patrick Hickey
Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2009 8:29 pm     Swsga

Billy, it was another top-notch show. I was glad to be able to contribute a little to the show.
These other post are from two new friends that I met in feenix. Sure enjoyed meeting Patrick and Mickey and look forward to next year already.
I love the show that you folks present due to the informal atmosphere. It is always so relaxed.
Thanks for allowing me to participate in the show, I had a Ball.........
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2009 3:30 am    

The Super Bowl was yesterday but I was still thinking about the show. As has been said before it is great to be a part of such a great event. Like Ray said layed back and just enjoying every bit if the experience.

As you can see Billy has posted the dates for next years show and plans are underway. Watch the newsletter for more events and activities.

Thanks again to so many for making it great.
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2009 3:30 am    

oops double click some how some way
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Gary Walker

Morro Bay, CA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2009 7:14 pm    

Billy, it's hard to imagine that we haven't been back since the first show in 2004. What a great beginning it was. The things that have changed since that first one, including losing Hal and Jeff. And now knowing that you and Meriul are not residents of the Copper State, takes even more edge off of the memories of our last visit. Hopefully, someday the four of us with get to sit down over a Pepsi and catch up on some missing years. The best to you both, Gary and Christine.
Bob Case

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2009 8:06 pm    

It's an honor and a privelege to be one of the players on this show. I won't single out anyone in particular, because I'm sure to miss someone, but I want to send my hearfelt thanks to everyone associated with the SWSGA. You folks put on a great show and I'm proud to be a small part of it. See you next year.
Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2009 6:47 pm    

Gary Walker....we sure miss you and Christine...we MUST correct that situation very soon. It would be great to see you both. Meriul and I are both working and doing well. See you soon!!

Bob Case....you have played on every show, and what a pleasure to have you as part of the cast. You always do an excellent job, and we really enjoy your being a BIG part of the show.

Everyone...begin making plans for next year...we are going to try to outdo this one, and it was GREAT!!

Billy Easton
Las Vegas, NV