| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Black Widow For Fender Steel King
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2009 12:34 pm    

I am seeking a Peavey Black Widow 15" speaker for my Fender Steel King. The one I have seen used is the 1501-4 but the peavey web site only lists the 1502 model. I don't want the neodymium version and prefer to buy the whole speaker, basket and magnet as one part.

Whioh one is the best option and at what price and who has them in stock?

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2009 1:57 pm    

Greg,, Last week I replaced the JBL K130 in my Steel King with a 1501-4.
It sounds much warmer. The high end won't make your ears bleed now. I have a PV Nashville 115 speaker cab
that had a 1501 in it. So I didn't have to buy one.
I called Morrell music in Bristol TN. about ordering a new 1501. I will post here when I get a reply.

Last edited by Bill Moran on 29 Jan 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Kagy

Lafayette, CO USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2009 3:32 pm    

Greg, you might try Bobbe Seymour at Steel Guitar Nashville. When I needed one a few years ago, he had them in stock at a good price.
Bill Lowe

Connecticut
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2009 6:42 pm     Coson Music

Greg I purchased a 1501 basket from Corsoin Music for $78. Not sure what the price would be for a complete speaker. They don't list it but if you give them a call I'm sure they would help you.
http://www.corsonmusic.com/CorsonsSteel.htm

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 11:54 am    

I emailed two peavey dealers, both steel guitar dealers to no avail so far. Ended up finding one online and ordering it at a music store about 70 miles north of me. I'll post some pics and sound files when I get it installed.

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2009 12:30 pm     Try This

try Billy coopers steel shop
my buddy Charles powell and eddie trent got there
BW from biily and there amps sound twice as good
you can get his website from here on forum
under links
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2009 1:00 pm    

Mike, I emailed Wanda but no response yet. Maybe they don't monitor email or are still checking on it.

Greg
Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2009 2:02 pm     they will

they will you might call them as well
hope you get one Mike
George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2009 3:56 pm     Black Widow

Greg, you might try Al Brisco at Steel Guitars of Canada. I bought a 1501-4 from him a couple of months ago for my Steel King and just love that speaker in there. However, mine has the "neo" magnet. He may not have any of the old style. They use the same basket and I don't think there is any difference in the sound. It does weigh 13 pounds less then the original "boat anchor" that came with the Steel King. George
Alan Harrison

Murfreesboro Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2009 4:45 pm     1501-4

Hi Greg, have you called Mike Brown at Peavey? I got one from Peavey less than a year ago and they had it in stock. I called Mike Brown and he gave me the part number and my dealer ordered it. Was delivered in about 10 day. I however put a Neo Magnet with it. Put the speaker in a Evans SE-200. Love It.....alan

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2009 7:02 pm    

I have one on order from a music store in Buffalo, NY. Will be here in 8 more days from the factory. I emailed a bunch (well 3) of steel dealers with no replies. I emailed the store in Buffalo and got an immediate response. Thanks for all the replies and I'll let you all hear what it sounds like!

Greg
Alan Rudd

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2009 4:58 am    

Nashville Used Music has the SB baskets for the 1501-4 and I could get you a magnet here from a friend of mine if you need me to. I have an SK and I put a BW 1501-4 in mine. I happened to be fortunate enough to get a brand new one from Gary Morse. It sounds great.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2009 8:30 am    

Wanda, from Billy Cooper's just sent me a really nice reply. Thanks Wanda!

Greg