| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Re: Miss Leslie CD
jolynyk

Prince Albert Sask. Canada
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2009 8:05 pm    

I just recieved my copy of Miss Leslie's CD (Between the Whiskey And The Wine), & I'll sum it up in one word WOWRicky you went & outdid your self on this one, Great steel, & the singing, good country...
Anybody that don't have this CD, do yourself a favor, & get it.. Country music as it should be, what a great voice she has, not to mention her outstanding ability on the fiddle..
Thanks Miss Leslie & Ricky.
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 6:41 am    

I agree wholeheartedly.

To my ears, Miss Leslie is the Johnny Bush of female writers/vocalists.

She's certainly a lot better-looking than Johnny, too! Very Happy

Lee, from South Texas
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 7:07 am    

A great CD for sure and Ricky's playing was excellent! I just wish that whoever took the picture on the cover and inside had told her to smile a bit, she's a pretty lady but looked sad. But then again, who cares, she's a great vocalist, fiddler, & song writer.........JH in Va.

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 9:54 am    

I just got the cd a little while ago, and it's great! Great vocals by leslie, lots of great steel playing by ricky, and the whole band shines! I agree with Jolynyk, this is country music as it should be!
Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 10:27 am    

Me too Very Happy
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 11:51 am    

THISJust in from the Gal herself(Miss Leslie)
Quote:

To All on the Steel Guitar Forum:
I want to say a big, heartfelt "Thank You" to everyone for spreading the word about my CD. I have had a lot of folks wonder why I am giving it away for free, and, to sum it up, we live in a different world. Record stores are not frequented. People are so inundated with music and hear so little of what is out there on the radio that it's difficult for people to even find out about most of the artists making music nowadays. I know for myself, when I think about buying a CD, it's difficult to get to that decision. Will I like all of the songs? Do I know this artist very well? These are the things that go through my mind.

My New Year's Resolution for 2009 is to find more fans. And to make it easy on people, I decided to offer my favorite CD, the songs of my heart, "Between the Whiskey and the Wine", for free. Because I love these songs. Because I love country music. Because I want people to hear that country music is still being played and written. Because I want people to know that the fiddle and steel are such powerful instruments in a country song.

If I gain more fans, I can gain the ability to play music full-time - tour around the world without working a day job. I can work at the career that I love and am so passionate about. So THANK YOU all for spreading the word and for digging the music. THAT is what it is all about.

Best,
Miss Leslie

P.S. Oh - and Jerry - I didn't smile because I felt like the songs on this CD were a little too centered around heartbreak to warrant a smile. But I PROMISE you one on the next CD. Thank you for the compliment.

Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 12:23 pm    

BOY!

Same here! Just when you think you've heard the LAST REAL COUNTRY album, out pops another one!

I've been listening to it for a few days, and it's in my CD box in the car with my favorites.

My thanks to Miss Leslie and RD!

Smile

EJL