| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  John Hughey to appear in Minnesota
Dennis Atkins

St. Paul, Minnesota
Post  Posted 16 May 2001 8:03 am    

John Hughey is scheduled to play at a show sponsored by the Minnesota Steel Guitar Association, on June 2nd.

He will be appearing at the Forest Lake, MN American Legion, along with other local steel players. On the line-up will be Eddie Lange (the SteelKid), Curt Olson and the Rose Family Band, Alan Godage (singer), Lefty Schrage, and Craig Davidson.

Tickets are available at the Legion, or by sending a request to me:

Dennis Atkins
1148 Charles Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55104

Cost is $10.00 per person.

If you are paying by check, make it out to Minnesota Steel Guitar Association, and I will send your tickets back to you by return mail. Please respond soon, we only have 200 tickets available.

If you are in the area and would like to see a great show, please come by and say hello. Show will start at 12:00 noon, and run until 6:00 pm.

Hope to see some of you there.

Dennis

------------------
MSA S-10 Sidekick
Gorilla Amp with MR-1 Effects Processor
pedalman@uswest.net
visit our web page for Minnesota Steel Guitar Association
www.geocities.com/mnpedalman/index.html

Bill Hankey

Pittsfield, MA, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2001 6:10 am    

Hello Dennis,

I wish you the best at the upcoming show featuring John Hughey. Herb Remington performed in Armonk, N.Y. back in the early '90's. I was seated directly in front of him, not more than five feet in distance. His limitless bar slants were as varied as the sounds of different voices. I met John Hughey at Hunter Mountain, in the Catskill Mountains, years ago when Conway was alive. He may recall the time due to an unfortunate situation, whereby his fellow band members must have eaten bad food, or drank bad water. I won't go further, because it was hearsay, and I wouldn't expect him to remember having his picture taken with me. He is one of my all-time favorites, and I'm hoping for a chance to see him perform at close range. Bill Hankey

[This message was edited by Bill Hankey on 20 May 2001 at 07:13 AM.]

Dennis Atkins

St. Paul, Minnesota
Post  Posted 20 May 2001 9:09 am    

Hi Bill, I had a similar experience with Herb a few years ago in Atlanta. He was playing with Kayton Roberts, and Leonard T. Zinn, in a nonpedal set. I was like you, sitting on the floor not 10 feet away, and totally awed by the players and the playing. Unfortunately, this is only a memory in my mind, because it was not captured on video, and what a shame that it wasn't. Moments like these are hard to replicate, and when they have come and gone, they are GONE, forever. Sorry to not be able to attend your bash in Massachusetts this year, but maybe we can meet in St. Louis if you are going to be there.

See you later.

Dennis

------------------
MSA S-10 Sidekick
Gorilla Amp with MR-1 Effects Processor
pedalman@uswest.net
visit our web page for Minnesota Steel Guitar Association
www.geocities.com/mnpedalman/index.html