| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Very special thanks to Bobbe Seymour
Austin Tripp

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2009 9:31 pm    

I stopped by Steel Guitar Nashville this morning to check the store out and pick a litte. Bobbe was in the office typing on the computer and I was to nervous to ask him to play for me so I had my mother do it for me. Bobbe jumped up and headed to the showroom where he picked and I grined. After talking for 5 minutes, my mother asked him if he had an autographed picture or something and instead of a picture, he gave me three autographed CDs. Bobbe is the nicest person i've ever met. To me, he is the BEST steel guitarist, person and friend Nashville has to offer. Me and my family went to the Ryman tonight to hear a Vince Gill concert, but I could not focus on the music for thinking about Bobbe and the Steel shop. It was worth the 6 hour drive to Nashville from Georgia just to meet Bobbe and hear him play. Thank you Bobbe and I will be back to see you soon.
Your friend,, Austin Tripp
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2009 10:43 pm    

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2009 12:43 pm    

Austin
You and others of your age group are the future of steel guitar. You have nailed the description of Bobbe Seymour precisely, and he is unique in the world of musical instrument retail. Good luck to you in your musical development. Very Happy
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Alan Copenhaver

Superior, WI, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2009 2:43 pm     Yes,

Smile Smile

Bobbe is never too busy for a kind word. I will be 48 yrs old in May, and brought home my first pedal steel guitar on March 13. I can't say enough good things about Bobbe and the folks there. I wish I had taken up PSG when I was your age Austin, hang in there and maybe one day we will see you playin' on the Opry. Best of luck !!
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2009 12:05 pm     Austin's talent, incredible!!!

Austin, this wonderful post is very much appreciated, but the true hero of your visit to Nashville was YOU!

You were a total shock to me when you played for me in the show room. A pleasant shock it was too!
You play like a great "old timer", not a seventeen year old, but the best thing going for you possibly is your kind and considerate personality, it will do as much for you in the biz as your great talent!!!!!

Your Mom is another great asset you have. She is obviously behind you all the way!

'Till your next visit, I'm wishing you the best,

Bobbe Seymour
Drew Howard

Post  Posted 1 May 2009 4:06 am    

Nuther Bobbe fan. Great player, great service and great email!
Bobby Burns

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2009 5:25 am    

It is encouraging to see and hear young guys like Austin who have obviously got the bug bad enough (good enough?) to expose the instrument to a new generation. I love the amount of respect that Austin shows to guys like Bobbe. A lot of us, when we were younger, were not smart enough to realize what a resource the older players were, until it was too late to ask questions. I think that it is time that we quit worrying about wether or not the steel is dying, and look forward to the potential that young guys like this have. Living in the present, and learning from the past. You're a wise and good man Austin.
Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2009 5:48 am     Bobbe

Bobbe has helped me out more than words can say. He's the best. He has a great staff to. I'm 61 and really just now starting learning. I wish i had learned at a younger age but oh well. Austin you are a very lucky young man. If Bobbe said that you blew him away just wait until you are 61. You won't just be starting out. You will be in Bobbe's place. Very Happy
Roger Hand

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2009 10:09 am     Bobbe

Just returned from Nashville. Two pedal steelers from the area Ken Ulmer & Perley Curtis took me to see BOBBE,,one great guy & full of Sho-bud info.