| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Xmas tune - Hymn - Kay Das
Gerald Ross

Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2008 3:45 am    

Some Holiday cheer from Kay Smile

Quote:
Here is a seasonal tune guaranteed that will not be heard in an elevator or shopping malls leading up to Christmas. It was composed by Peter Korving of Holland and played here by Derek Kerner and Billybon on Stratocaster guitars, both from England, and myself on steel guitar. There are two steel tracks in this recording; the parts that sound a bit like a flute were recorded on a track with the steel going through a Line 6 Delay Line on the "reverse echo" setting. Key of C going on D, West Coast C6th steel guitar.

Merry Christmas and Greetings of the Season to all,

Kay

Hymn - Kay Das

A UkeTone Recording Artist

CEO, CIO, CFO - UkeTone Records
Gerald's Hawaiian Steel Guitar/Ukulele Website
Kay Das

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2008 1:08 pm     A few more words by way of introduction to this tune...

The origins of "Hymn" are a little obscure. It was propagated by Peter Korving, a highly talented musician and a great guitarist from Holland, a man of few words, and even fewer words in English. Peter's music (he has several original compositions) speaks louder than his words, and the spirit of international co-operation thrives irrespective of language and cultural differences, in this tiny instance. We are surely entering a new era... may music pave the way for more understanding and peace, not war.

I need to add a few words about the others: Bill lives in North Wales, a very talented musician he. Derek lives in St Albans in the UK and has overcome a physical handicap (a stroke which affected movement of his left hand) and he has battled it through to regain ability: the opening bars and Stratocaster parts through the tune are his. This tune, although quite simple as perhaps a hymn ought to be, has won discrete acclaim from listeners in Australia, Hungary, Brazil, Italy as it is also playing on a few other websites. It is also introducing the sound of the steel guitar to audiences who have been quite unaware of its existence.

Kay
Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2008 6:10 am    

I liked it very much. Great tune and very well played.
Steven Cearley

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2008 5:38 am    

Smile Nice and relaxing. Smooth!
Kay Das

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2008 2:45 pm    

Howard, Steven,

Many thanks for the notes of appreciation, I shall pass them on to my co-instrumentalists..

Kay