| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SoCal / Orange County shows, help us find a gig
Steve B

Garland Texas
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 8:19 pm    

My band, Eleven Hundred Springs, will be out in the Orange county area next month. Tuesday Feb 20 we will be at Linda's Doll Hut in Anahiem. Our friend Wanda from KUCI radio is putting country (or Americana, or whatever you want to call it) shows at the Doll Hut on Tuesdays. We have Thurs-Fri at the Swallows Inn, and Sat at a place called Teo Leo's in or near San Diego. We are in need of a show on Wed Feb 21. Both places we were talking to seem to have gone out of business, Culver Saloon & Abaline Rose. We are a real 5 piece country band (yes, with full time steel player)from Texas, online at www.1100springs.com . If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
Skip Cons - II

Lago Vista Texas
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2001 10:19 pm    

There is a Crazy Horse Saloon in the Irvine Spectrum, recently moved from close to the 55 & Dyer. They do lots of country.
And yes, the Swallows Inn in San Cap.
There is also a place in the Chatsworth area called The Cowboy Palace that does country 24/7, and a new place in Calabassas called The Canyon Club dinner club, recently had a grand opening: Will do country on ocassion.
shc
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2001 4:23 am    

The Culver Saloon is out of buisness? That's really a shame. It was a really nice place. Definately 3 or 4 cuts above the average club.

The saloon was not strictly a country bar. It had lots of different kinds of music. Country, Rock, R&B, etc. I saw a great western swing show there featuring Biller and Wakefield. And they had the best blues jam session in town on Wednesday nights.

It was clear over on the other side of town from me so I didn't get there as often as I liked, but I really liked that place a lot. I'm gonna miss it.
Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2001 9:57 am    

Steve,

There are too few country places out here and more bands than gigs. Here's a web sight for Orange Co. that lists all the bars, etc in the area. Good luck!!
http://www.aol.digitalcity.com/orangecounty/music/search.dci?vtid=3&type=venue

If that doens't work, let me know and I'll try it again for ya.
Mark Herrick

Bakersfield, CA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2001 9:30 am    

Abiline Rose is not out of business (although it maybe should be for what they serve as barbeque) at least not as of the first of January.

And it seems like I've seen ads for shows at the Culver Saloon recently as well.
memphislim

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2001 3:45 pm    

Just heard yesterday from a guy who plays the Abilene that it is now closed and will soon be a Vietnamese restaurant.
Steve B

Garland Texas
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2001 3:59 pm    

Vietnamees instead of mediocre bbq? Oh well. Thanks for the tips. I hope I can line something up.