| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mickey Adams Licks?
Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2013 5:22 pm    

Recently, I downloaded something like 500 licks from Mickey Adams tabbed out, not videos. I thought it was a word document but can't find it. I think it was a link from Dick Sexton but I really don't remember! Ring a bell?

thx

bob
Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2013 6:38 pm    

Yeah, i saw 500 licks from Dick sexton, in a posting just a few days ago, have you P.M ed him?

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2013 7:06 pm    

Larry Bressington wrote:
Yeah, i saw 500 licks from Dick sexton, in a posting just a few days ago, have you P.M ed him?

I saw that too but that is a book he sells. This was a free download. Maybe it wasn't 500 but I thought it was from Mickey?

thx

bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZlAdlrRYj0

http://www.reverbnation.com/bobsnelgrove

1978 Crawford Emmons P/P
1976 Tommy White P/P
1986 Franklin D-10
Alan Bidmade

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2013 1:16 am    

Dick has a Skydrive folder with his Beginners licks on it - thye same as those he posts regularly on the Forum. The Skydrive file also had some of Mickey Adams's exercises and songs tabbed out and a wealth of other stuff (although when I just checked some of the original stuff seems to be no longer there).
Dick has also put together an e-book '500 Fills for E9 Pedal Steel Guitar' which is available from him direct, again via Skydrive.
There is a wealth of material in the 500 fills - some of them beyond me as a beginner, but others have sparked off my own creations of intros and turnarounds. Those that are currently beyond me I think is because I can't play them fast enough - but these will therefore be great exercises for my own playing and development.
Dick has done a lot to help me get started and I think there's something for everyone in his 500 fills.
Dick posts so frequently on the Forum his email address can be found easily.
Recommended!
Ben-Rom #017 'Lorelei', Guild D25, Epiphone 'Joe Pass', Roland 40XL, Hilton VP

First name Alan, but known as Nick
Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2013 4:32 am    

I think what I'm talking about was on his Skydrive recently and when I went back it was gone. Maybe with the release of his book, he took away the freebies. Smile

bob

Alan Bidmade wrote:
Dick has a Skydrive folder with his Beginners licks on it - thye same as those he posts regularly on the Forum. The Skydrive file also had some of Mickey Adams's exercises and songs tabbed out and a wealth of other stuff (although when I just checked some of the original stuff seems to be no longer there).
Dick has also put together an e-book '500 Fills for E9 Pedal Steel Guitar' which is available from him direct, again via Skydrive.
There is a wealth of material in the 500 fills - some of them beyond me as a beginner, but others have sparked off my own creations of intros and turnarounds. Those that are currently beyond me I think is because I can't play them fast enough - but these will therefore be great exercises for my own playing and development.
Dick has done a lot to help me get started and I think there's something for everyone in his 500 fills.
Dick posts so frequently on the Forum his email address can be found easily.
Recommended!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZlAdlrRYj0

http://www.reverbnation.com/bobsnelgrove

1978 Crawford Emmons P/P
1976 Tommy White P/P
1986 Franklin D-10
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2013 5:27 am     Material on my Skydrive...

Thank you Nick, you have nailed it, the reason I tab material as I do, in snippet form. I believe it is easier to pull apart to learn that way. I think it will also triggers ideas of your own, because parts can be spliced together for whatever the purpose, intro, fill, ending. As you've seen, I believe, there is a mountain of material there.

Bob, your correct, I've tabbed out some of the material of members, Mr Mickey Adams, Jody Cameron and others. They've always supported me in my effort to share what material of theirs I've tabbed out.

Recently, I've had some personal stuff I up loaded to my Skydrive gotten into. It was up loaded because of problems that were effecting my system and eventually caused a crash.

Because of the breach, I am taking steps to tighten up the way I control and handle the material on my Skydrive. I'll be moving the material to individual folders and granting access only by email, on a first come basis. The material, which represents hundreds of hours of work, will still be available, but I will now know who is getting to it.

Larry is correct, I can be easily be reached by email.
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2013 5:54 am    

Hey Dick, are you gonna be playing near Dayton tonight? I'm supposed to lay over there before heading back to KC in the morning
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2013 6:07 am     Wow...

Hey Lane... No, we're off tonight. Email me... There is a TS Cafe at I70 & Hwy127, about 10 minutes to Indiana. Buy you a cup of joe... Always good to talk to a forumite.
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2013 6:05 am    

This is exactly why I didn't digitize my book...which would have been a cool thing...Bet eventually it would have "escaped" into the web..I shall eventually just let this happen though...The second book is halfway complete...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 26 May 2013 8:31 pm    

Footnote...I only know 266 licks.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 26 May 2013 8:31 pm    

267 now
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 27 May 2013 3:12 am    

If you don't quit practicing, you'll make the rest of us look bad.