| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Perfect Touch Finger Picks
Bruce Deamude

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2008 3:52 pm    

I purchased two of these picks about a year & a half ago from Al Brisco and they are great. Recently I noticed a stress line on the index finger pick at the intersection of the wrap and the blade. Afraid that it might break, I e-mailed Rusty and he sent another pick. When it arrived I noticed that it had a flat blade and mine was curved. I brought up the e-mail and like I suspected I had had a brain f**t and mentioned the wrong type. I e-mailed Rusty back and asked that he send another pick and since the mix-up was my fault, insisted on paying the freight for the replacement and for sending the other one back. The pick arrived to-day and he said just to keep the flat one as a back-up and would not take anything for shipping the curved one. In this day & age service like that is a breath of fresh air. So if anyone is in the market for an excellent set of picks (I believe he sells a thumb pick as well) from a vendor who stands behind his product you won't go wrong with Perfect Touch.

Bruce Deamude
Georgetown, ON
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

West Virginia, USA - Morgantown, WV
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2008 4:40 pm    

Rusty is a super guy to deal with!!!

I got a set from him during the summer. I used the info on the website to measure for the right size, and ordered a set of medium finger and thumb picks. When I got them they were certainly more comfortable than the typical picks. However, they just didn't feel right, and I couldn't adjust the thumb pick so that it was positioned right. I tried them for a couple of days and then called and talked to Rusty.

He sent me another set of finger and thumb picks in the large size. He said, there was no need to send any more money, just try them for a few days and send back the ones that did not fit. He also said that if I'm still not confortable with them to return them and he would refund all my money.

A couple of days later I got the larger size and they fit like a glove. A few days later I return the mediums to Rusty, and there were no additional charges from him.

It is too bad that there are not more merchants around that go so far to insure they make sure their customers are happy with their product, and especially even if they are NOT satisfied, to gladly return their money after 45 days!

Some folks on the forum have tried the Perfect Touch picks and did not care for them. But, if you're new to using finger picks, or feel the ones you use are uncomfortable, give these a try. Rusty is a super nice guy to deal with, and in the worst case you try them and return them for a full refund. All you loose is a little time, and might just be thrilled with them once you try them. I love mine!!!

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.
Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2008 4:40 pm     Perfect Service!

Bruce,
You've got it right on Target with Rusty...I had the priviledge of meeting him at the Big D show back in March and he's a fine gentleman!I've had his picks for almost a year now and they're all I use after using the "standard" picks for many years. They're not for everyone but that's what makes the world go 'round isn't it! Wink This post is a good reminder to order a backup set just in case...Thanks, Carl
Tom Buur

Denmark
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2008 11:03 am    

I am one of those for whom these picks don't work. Reading a thread here I ordered a set and spent a couple of hours trying to make it work. Just tried putting them on again a few minutes ago. Same result. Completely awkward feeling, the strings hit my finger tip on the index finger. Well I can change the position of my fingers to avoid this, but then I don't play as recommended in the "right hand alpha". Even so it still doesn't work well.

Maybe I should try another size? But mailing across the Atlantic and particularly across customs boarders this is difficult. Funnily Dunlop works best for me.
Roger Francis

kokomo,Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2008 11:22 am    

Ive had mine for about a year now and love the finger picks but i just coud'nt use the thumb pick, the wrap kept hitting the strings. At the St. Louis show i told Rusty about the problem and he gave me another pick to try when i got home and told me to keep the other one even though i tried to give it back to him. He said if that one did'nt work either he would take it back & refund the money for the pick. Thats what you call good service.