| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cma
Jack Mattison

North Bend, Wa
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2008 11:01 am    

So what did anybody think about the CMA awards last night????. I only saw about 4 steels, and one of them was a lap steel. The only one I could really hear, and did such an awsome job was the steeler playing on the George Straight performance. Other wise I didn't hear much from the other guys. I'm old and maybe my hearing is going Razz Razz Also...... and i'll probably get my slats kicked in for this..... I really didn't like much of the stuff that was being played. But them I am old country. Loved seeing the Eagles again. And don't get me wrong, there was still some good sounding country stuff........ "But I'm a little bit country and not so much rock and roll". Love ya guys .......... Jack<><

Post  Posted 13 Nov 2008 12:57 pm    

Quote:
I really didn't like much of the stuff that was being played. But them I am old country.

Join the ranks, Jack - (see the similar thread in Music.)
Quote:
The only one I could really hear, and did such an awsome job was the steeler playing on the George Straight performance.

Only because George was singing to pre-recorded background tracks where the steel was already mixed. (If the music were live, good luck hearing the steel on this show!)
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2008 11:56 pm    

My favorites, "Lady Antibellum"! Now that's what I call GOOOOOOOOOOD COUNTRY ENTERTAINMENT. Why, it's even better than watching Teddy & Doyle reruns on RFD. Why would I wanta see Miss Loretta, or young Hal Rugg & Don Helms playing those classic Sho-Buds on TV. Theres just NO comparison to this great new stuff we get to see on the CMA's. Boy, I can't wait to get Shania & Jessica's next new albums. Laughing
Mike Meese

Dover, Ohio, U S A GO BUCKEYES! (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2008 12:13 am     new albums

I didn't know that Shania had a new album out? But I enjoy Jessica's album...she might have a great career in country if she wasn't so daggone ugly Razz
Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2008 12:20 am    

Yall can say what ya want, but I'd play steel guitar for Shania or Jessica at the drop of hat. You know the check wouldn't bounce... LOL. And besides the best seat in the house would be right behind them anyway. Smile

JW

Nebraska
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2008 1:06 pm    

Did i hear a lot of bad intonation???? man.... why are they not using pitch correctors, like they do in the studio, it sure helps! You'd think that the monitor systems would be very good for a show of that calibre.