| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Is juststrings.com for real?
Chris Forbes

Beltsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 6:34 pm    

Is it just me? I ordered about $300 worth of strings one day from juststrings.com. Later that afternoon I ordered some parts from the George L site. I had asked for a confirmation e-mail from both sites for both orders. I got an e-mail the next day from the George L site, nothing from juststrings.com. The package from George L shows up on my doorstep three days later, nothing from juststrings.com. I send an e-mail to the George L site thanking them for the promp service, I sent one to juststrings.com asking if they got my order or not. Next day I got a reply from the George L site thanking me for my business and saying they were pleased that I was pleased, nothing from juststrings.com. Has anyone else else had this problem?
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

West Virginia, USA - Morgantown, WV
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2008 9:15 pm    

I just ordered a couple of sets of psg strings, and a single string flat wound .105 for a bass guitar. I also called and talked to them about the bass string, as I wasn't certain it would match the Fender flatwounds. He said the bass string was backordered, but the psg strings had already gone out. I had actually ordered them on a Saturday, I spoke with them Monday afternoon, and the psg strings got here on Friday I think. The bass string arrived yesterday. This was actually the second time I've bought strings from them and have received good service so far.

Have you tried giving them a call? The guy I spoke with was pretty nice.

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 3:07 am    

I haven't bought anything from them in the last year or so, but when I did buy from them the service was quick.

Everything I got was sent USPS and there wasn't any tracking numbers. (The USPS tracking number system is a farce and is no where near what UPS or FedEx tracking is).
Chris Johnson

USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 3:42 am    

Wow, I'm surprised. I've been buying my strings there for years. Always sent an email confirmation and delivered a few days later, even for huge bulks of single strings I purchase every few months. Before officially entering them into the SGF frypan, try calling them and see what they say.

Could just be a common mix-up, unless......... they just have something against you Laughing
Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 4:54 am    

I've bought from them for many years.
I've bought E9th, C6th, bulk singles strings, bass and guitar strings, dobro and mandolin strings.
Never once had a problem.
On some backordered strings I would get them within a week of my order.
I'd check with them again.
Don
Charles Dempsey

Shongaloo, LA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 10:28 am    

I buy from juststrings when I have a bulk order, usually once a year. If I just need one set or get caught short I buy locally.

Never had a problem with juststrings. In my experience they don't bill until the order ships, and if part of your order ships separately they don't charge for the additional shipping.

Charlie

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 10:57 am    

I've been using Juststrings.com for a few years,I just got an order about a month ago,very fast shipping great prices,Never had a problem,I always get a confirmation email as soon as the transaction is done,something doesn't sound right to me?Stu Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Tim Kowalski

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 11:08 am     Check your Junk Mail???

Just a thought - they may be sending replies that are going to your junk mail. I have found some pretty important stuff in there... like airline confirmations. Sometimes the filter can block legitimate business emails.
Razz

Upstate New York, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 11:24 am    

I've been ordering from them for several years and never had any problems. Delivery is usually fairly quick.
Tom Buur

Denmark
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 11:41 am    

I have used juststrings.com three times when going to US to see family. I have had strings sent to my family to save $35 (maybe more now) for shipping to Europe plus saving a lot of European taxes. That way I get strings at about half of what they cost here.

All three times there have been problems, not getting exactly what I ordered. The last time they included two sets of cheap bass strings instead of Fender electric guitar strings in the order. Going back to Europe a few days later there wasn't much I could do about it.
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 1:18 pm    

I've done a good number of purchases from juststrings. Once, just once, I had a problem. I used a different email address on the order than usual and their system apparently spat it out. I wasn't happy that they failed to follow up and find out what was up. They just basically rejected the order without telling me anything. Normally this sort of thing would seriously tick me off but they are otherwise so fast, so good and so well-priced that I overlooked the problem and have never had any further issues. I'm a total believer in buying by the dozen and I recommend juststrings to anyone who asks.
Chris Forbes

Beltsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 2:15 pm    

Thanks everyone for piping in!!!! Me thinks I'll go ahead and call, I obviously didn't pay attention to see that they had a phone number. Personal interaction gives me more of the warm and fuzzies anyway, I'll try that.
Chris Forbes

Beltsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 2:45 pm    

Ya know, the more I think about this, the more I'm convinced it HAS to be "user error" on my part. I'm sure I missed something somewhere and messed up the order. I'm wrong so often I've given up arguing with my significant other because she can PROVE I'm wrong 99% of the time.
Dennis Wallis

Arkansas
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 3:20 pm    

I've ordered from them several times. No problems.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 3:46 pm    

I've been buying from them for years too. I buy their bulk strings, and they are working great for me. I've never had a problem getting my orders.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 4:31 pm    

I've purchased strings from them a couple of times, but I can drive over and pick them up. I order online and they send an email that the strings are ready for pickup the next day. They are in Milford, NH in a big old church building.

Camas, Washington
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 7:54 pm    

Jack Stoner wrote:
I haven't bought anything from them in the last year or so, but when I did buy from them the service was quick.

Everything I got was sent USPS and there wasn't any tracking numbers. (The USPS tracking number system is a farce and is no where near what UPS or FedEx tracking is).

Man, I hope that's not true... USPS couldn't deliver some gear. Sad
Amps: Mesa Express 5:25, Jazzkat Tomkat & Boss Katana head / various cabs.
Steve Hotra

Camas, Washington
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 7:56 pm    

Chris Forbes wrote:
Thanks everyone for piping in!!!! Me thinks I'll go ahead and call, I obviously didn't pay attention to see that they had a phone number. Personal interaction gives me more of the warm and fuzzies anyway, I'll try that.

Chris;
I made a mistake on a string order, too.
I called and they got back to me within the hour.
They took good care of me right away.
Its a good little company.
Hope it works out for you.
Steve
Amps: Mesa Express 5:25, Jazzkat Tomkat & Boss Katana head / various cabs.
Jack Francis

Queen Creek, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 9:45 pm    

I buy from the forum....prices are good and the service is GREAT & a good selection...Plus it helps the Forum!! Winking
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 10:51 pm    

That's where I always order mine.

Sometimes my server's spam filter grabs things. Especially if they have changed their email for some reason.

Never had a single problem in a half dozen years or more.

Elderly Instruments is right up there too.

Smile

EJL
Jim Bates

Alvin, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2008 7:29 pm    

Been ordering from Juststrings.com for seceral years. They always ship via priority mail to me in 2 or 3 days. When I was playing regularly, I would buy a dozen or so sets for pedal steel, dobro, and several singles for each.

Never a problem. Strings always fresh. Best prices.

Thanx,
Jim