| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lessons on my steel:
Tracy Sheehan

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2008 3:59 pm    

If any one is intersted i would like to give steel lessons on my S10 GFI.The floor pedals are sort of like the Day tuning but with the 9th and 10th strings reversed.I picked up on this from 2 great steelers back in the late 50s.They were 8 string back then, Chuck Caldwell and the number 1 country Las vegas steeler at the time is where i got this reversing the 7th and 8th strings back then.
Pulling the 4th indepetly with a knee lever.
Tune in D 9th lets you use heavier strings for better tone and lowering the 4th and 8th gives a A6h.Raising the 4th by its self makes it super easy to go from 6th to a 13th in an instance.
It is really a surprisse to me that none of the other steelers havent figured this out years ago and it is so simple.Only takes a short while to get used to the 9 and 10th strings reversed,.
It is great for country,guitar rock licks and the fat c6th chords with only a S 10 tuned to D9th.
I also teach how to play fiddle in any key.B flat,E flat,D flat,G flat,A flat, ect if so desired.
Any one intrested please PM me and i can give my phone number and we can set up a sked.Thanks for reading.Tracy (Please delete)