| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Update on Bobbe Seymour's injured hand
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 6:44 am    

Just this second got Bobbe's latest newsletter. As usual full of good advice, but he did include the following at the end;

Concerning my accident with the table saw, hundreds of you have emailed in the
last month wondering about my condition. It seems to be healing. The skin
grafts are fine. Little finger won’t move. Ring finger is gone. Middle finger
is totally stiff with joints that can’t be repaired. The third operation
removed my index finger from the first knuckle out. Thumb has got about 45
degrees of angle but it can move, as opposed to 90 degrees on my right hand.

The pain of it healing is pretty bad, but many of you out there have had similar
problems so far be it from me to dote on it. I intend to be playing in a few
months.

No-one will bet against the last sentence.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Joel Martin

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 6:54 am    

Bobbe, you were an inspiration before your accident and are an even bigger one now - can't wait to hear you play again!

best
Joel
Darren James

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 8:53 am    

My newsletters no longer come in for some reason Sad
Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 11:16 am     Dittos per Ken & Joel

I'm betting Bobby will find a way to make this horrible fate work in his favor to the point where we'll all want one just like his!

All the best, Bobby!
Matthew Warman

here and now
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 1:36 pm    

Get well soon Bobbe, you are an inspiration to all of us.

Last edited by Matthew Warman on 9 Oct 2008 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 2:27 pm    

I talked to Bobbe a couple days ago.

He's understandably not posting as much, and I know we don't expect him to. He probably is more pain free dictating things.

Bobbe, from the first time I talked to him is one of my favorite people.

When I spent time with him in Nashville in 04 he became one of my best and dearest friends.

He helped me through my last year, and through example is doing the same thing now.

I don't have the words to say how much I care about and love Bobbe.

I think a LOT of us are in that boat.

Smile

EJL
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 2:42 pm    

I'm in that boat.
Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 2:48 pm    

Best wishes to Bobbe on his recovery!

Eric i been thinking about you alot too, even tho we've only met briefly that one time at Larry Behms jam.

wishing you both the best with what you are going thru and am in awe of your tougnness. I doubt I could be as cool. get well both of you!!
David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2008 7:48 pm    

I got my first pedal steel from Bobbe, before he even had a real store. He's going through a tough time now. We're all thinking of him and pulling for him. Take your own time for healing, Bobbe. We know you will pull through this and make the most of it in the long run. Smile
Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 12:54 am     Bobbe

Bobbe. i'm believing that you will be back just as good as ever. Just take your time. With your talent you can overcome this adversity. I believe that you will. Your buddy Jimmie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ernie Pollock

Mt Savage, Md USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 4:29 am     Hang in There

Bobbe, Keep the faith, we are all praying for your recovery & I am sure you will find a way to play again.

Ernie Pollock
Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 5:05 am    

I'm so sorry to have read the last e-mail from Bobbe about his on going condition with his healing.
I wish our best friend the quickest of recovery from this terrible ordeal.

Darren and others, if you no longer get Bobbe's newsletter go to his site and sign up again.
This happened to me once when I changed computers.
It's easy to sign up, so do it.
Don
Mark Treepaz

Hamburg, New York USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 9:22 am    

My wife and I stopped in to see Bobbe last week when we went down for the NSGA Super Jam. He has a way of making you feel right at home when visiting the store. After just a few moments of talking to him, you feel as if you've known him your entire life! A real down to earth and classy guy. We're sure hoping that he'll be back to playing real soon.

Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 12:29 pm     Get well soon Bobbe

I can not hear your videos right now "Bobbe" but I am still watching the "you-tube" to see different chords and things.I wanted to wish you well and thank-you for all the great videos.I know you will get those fingers back to normal because we sure do love your picking.. as much as you love playing.

God Bless

Karen
James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 3:53 pm    

Our thoughts are certainly with you, Bobbe. Hang tough, my friend. Winking
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 7:01 pm    

Hang in there, Bobbe, you got a lot more pickin, and steel repairs to do. Jody.
Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 9:09 pm    

I hope Bobbe is following this thread.

Dude, you 'da Man. You've forgotten more steel than most of the people reading this thread will ever begin to consider (certainly including me, in case anyone wondered.)

Django made his life work with less hardware than you've got left, and he didn't get a bar to help.

Go out there and knock 'em dead, guy. You continue to be an inspiration to us all.

KP
Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2008 9:22 pm    

I talked with Bobbe the other night. He was afraid his bar handling was going to suffer and I told him not to worry at all. I never had any bar handling ability ever and after going to pedals with my MultiKord in 1954 (see the picture in Carl Dixon's book!) I didn't care......I just used the big chords and never needed any slants etc any way!! Don't worry, Bobbe, we all love you and just pray for the day you're all healed and pain free!!
Robert Cook

Collierville,TN
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2008 4:59 am    

For those who know Bobbe (and that number is huge), his uplifting spirit and genuine friendship is worth more than all the tips I could get watching his videos. He is the player's player. Whether you are paying the rent with your steel or just knock the dust off it every other weekend, Bobbe Seymour is there for you. I will never forget the unbeleivable kindness he showed me the first time I met the man and I hadn't yet played four notes on my steel. I found out that it was just Bobbe being who he is.

The cool thing about the community of steelers and musicians at large is that we can rally around Bobbe's situation and offer him our prayers, support, and love for the man when that will do more for his uplifting than anything else.

God bless you Bobbe. I owe you an album for the two you gave me. You're one of a kind.

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2008 5:47 pm    

Bobbe, You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait untill you and I are over all our problems and can pick a few. How about a CD? Lets think about that. Loveya my friend, Bobby PS---Linda says "HI"
Gene H. Brown

Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2008 6:53 pm    

Hi Bobbe,
Just wanted to personally thank you for the great time you showed me and Ken Fox and his wife Ruth when we came out to see you a couple of weeks ago. I am so glad you are getting better, those kinds of things take a long time to heal, I know, I showed ya. But you'll do it and you still have the want too's and you will be back playing before you know it, and you will be in a whole new world, learning how to do things differently. I am praying for you, you are a very nice person Bobbe and also Thank You for the CD's, they are great.
Gene H. Brown Smile
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2008 10:34 am    

I talked to Bobbe the other evening, and he was briefly in the hospital with pain. probably having them look at his hand for infection, and making sure. Nothing serious.

I reminded him like I told Lloyd the other day on the phone that I don't think I've slanted my bar a dozen times in my LIFE. That's what PEDALS are for..

We ALL have a better friend in Bobbe than most of us deserve.

HE'S the one that has usually cheered US up.

Now it's just OUR turn.

I"m doing a Google search for rich women in the Nashville area to line him up with so he can keep losing money selling guitars for less than what he pays for them, giving away stuff, buying airplanes, and in general, continuing to live in a manner to which we've been able to become accustomed...

Smile

EJL
Bob Cox

Buckeye State
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2008 5:35 pm    

Visited Bobbe's store in Hendersonville this past tuesday.Got to see Bobbe for a minute,he was heading to get his hand worked on.To not be able to enjoy your gift in life is rough.And we Hope you get well soon.That D10 Fesseden in your shop had super tone.Especially at the upper end.
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2008 12:47 am    

Eric West wrote:

We ALL have a better friend in Bobbe than most of us deserve.

HE'S the one that has usually cheered US up.

Now it's just OUR turn.

Smile

EJL

Eric - you are 100% right in these words. There will not be one of us who has visited Bobbe's store who has not come out laden down with freebies that he has insisted on us taking away with us. On top of that he makes every customer feel like they are very special to him (which they are). These are no cheesy salesmanship tactics, just honest to goodness kindness and sincerity. He is one of a kind and I love him for it.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2008 4:25 am    

One time while in bobbe's store he introduced me to a local friend...

he said, "This is my friend Tony Prior, he's always wanted to play Steel Guitar in the worst way, and now he does " Shocked

and yet I keep going back for more !

I spoke with bobbe recently and I am very impressed and encouraged by his attitude, he will pull thru this.

I really feel it is a better life to have crossed paths with bobbe and so many others here on this forum.

keep healing bobbe...

tp