| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Replacement pot for Goodrich Volume?
Tony Harris

England
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2008 8:46 am    

The pot has gone scratchy in my Goodrich pedal - I know, same old problem. If I could get inside it, I'd spray it with cleaner, but sooner or later I know I'll have to replace it. I've read good reports about the Dunlop Hot Potz II - a long-life pot for volume and CryBaby/Wah pedals. Anyone tried these? Will it fit the Goodrich bit-of-string system? Thanks.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2008 9:11 am    

Mine is still going strong!

Goodrich Pot Replacement

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

West Virginia, USA - Morgantown, WV
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2008 9:48 am    

Greg's website which he included in his post above, is an excellent set of instructions and pictures to replace it. I found that my particular pedal had a slightly different setup inside than what is depicted in Greg's pictures. That caused me to wonder whether the pot would even fit. Although there is not lots of room, it did fit just fine.

Tom Bradshaw has done tons of replacements for other folks and he says it will fit all configurations of the Goodrich pedal.

I would also highly recommend buying it from Tom Bradshaw's website. He includes a set of instructions with it as well. His price also includes shipping.

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.

Last edited by Chuck Snider R.I.P. on 9 Oct 2008 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2008 11:02 am     Re: Replacement pot for Goodrich Volume?

Tony Harris wrote:
... Dunlop Hot Potz II - a long-life pot f...

I think that Dunlop Hot Potz II is 100K while Hot Potz IV is the 470K that you want.
The Dunlop pots are not "long-life" in the sense of 20 years ago, but they do tend to last somewhat longer than other new pots. In a couple of years, I've been thru about 5 Dunlop pots, while other new pots may last only a few days to a few weeks.
Also, Dunlop pots tend to feel stiffer than others, making it hard to change volume smoothly.
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2008 6:20 pm    

The one that Tom Bradshaw sells is the best. It's the Hot Potz II and is a 470K pot. The two I have are as smooth as silk.

CLICK HERE

Lee, from South Texas
Brian McGaughey

Orcas Island, WA USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 7:33 pm    

Ditto the 470K pot that Tom Bradshaw sells. I've installed 2 in 2 different Goodrich pedals. Used Greg Cutshaw's "How To" steps on his website to help me restring 'em...