| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud " The Pro II "
William Matthews

New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2008 6:51 pm    

Could someone please tell me how many knee levers this psg is supposed to have? It has 2 RKL and LKL. I'd like to have a LKR, and a RKR. Is it a real pain to put them in? Should I leave it alone??Thanks Bill
Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2008 4:53 pm     Pro II knee levers

My 1978 Shobud Pro II came with 4 knee levers. 2 on left & 2 on right. I have added a Left knee vertical to lower the 5th string. I'm a custom psg & lap steel builder so it wasn't a problem for me. It would how mecaniclly inclined YOU are. It could be a good learning experience. By the way I play the so called Jimmie Day pedal set up,thusthe up lever on the left.
Look under your pull rods for old screw holes. Somebody may have customized it before you got it. A guy brought me a permanent not long aggo to put back together. The guy he got it from took the back neck & all the rods & pedals off to make it lighter.
Sure messed up a beautiful guitar. Abdy H.
mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2008 6:47 pm    

William,

It could have come with two or more levers, depending....

More info here.

http://www.planet.eon.net/~gsimmons/shobud/models.html

I have rebuilt several Sho~Buds and would be happy to give you some pointers. There are a a couple of forumites who specialize in Sho~Bud parts and rebuilds. Shoot me an email if you want.
William Matthews

New York, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2008 8:42 am    

Well thanks guys, I've learned a little more about the one I have. It seems to be a Sho-Bud model 6155, and should only have 2 knees, a LKL and a RKL. I have the Jeff Newman material, and it seems to be geared toward having 4 knees, so I am going to have to do something. There does seem to be holes pre-drilled in the wood, but screws have never been put in. This was probably done in an effort to standardize all bodies on the assembly line. Is it just that easy to bolt them in?
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2008 9:37 am    

No its not. You should have a GOOD steel mechanic do it. If they are not installed and adjusted correctly they will not accurately return to pitch. John Coop here on the Forum is the man for parts.