| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WT Trade for RV-3
Stan Paxton

1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2008 2:05 pm    

Want RV-3 with wall wart in good condition; have to trade a rack mount Peavey Dual Delta Fex with some very nice steel guitar pre-sets; in good operating condition, Peavey went thru it last year. Has wall wart power supply. Smile ...It does have one of the rack mount "ears" or tab's, buggered up some where former owner had trouble getting the mounting screw out. Is not broken, but hole is enlarged. Sad I don't use a rack, so would rather have the little fixed unit RV-3.
Thanks for looking. ...I can get pix and e-mail them if needed; don't have any luck putting them up here.
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-
Stan Paxton

Post  Posted 10 Aug 2008 9:35 am    

BUMP today Cool
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-
Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2008 11:21 am    

Stan,

If you can't find someone to trade with, perhaps you can locate one of the Behringer copies of the RV-3. I believe it is called the DR-400.

I have 2 of them and 1 RV-3, and they are very close to the RV-3. The controls are the same & the RV-3 settings are very close on the DR-400.

They are also around $40-$60 depending on where you buy one at. Not to bad & certainly cheaper than the RV-3. I purchased mine purely for backups.

Good luck!!!

Casey
Stan Paxton

Post  Posted 10 Aug 2008 12:23 pm    

Hey Casey,
Thanks for the suggestion; it helps when someone has already tried some and knows. I could go thru a lot of brands trying to find something close. Smile I also have 1 RV-3, and want another for my other guitar I keep set up at church, where the DD Fex is now.
Stan Paxton

Post  Posted 14 Aug 2008 9:03 pm    

BUMP again - still looking for that trade Smile
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2008 12:29 pm    

Excuse my ignorance, but what the h@!! is a WALL WART?
John Roche

England
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2008 12:52 pm    

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance, but what the h@!! is a WALL WART?

Power unit
Ron !

Post  Posted 15 Aug 2008 1:39 pm    

Regular 110 volt power supply...
Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2008 11:04 am    

Stan,

If you don't get another RV-3, the Behringer is a great second choice. For me, the price was a huge factor. As cheap as they are, you can't beat them.

If I ever get good enough to playout, I'll take these along to gig with. If one was to get stolen, I would only be out a small sum. That's a lot better than having to try to find a replacement RV-3 for a reasonable price & in great shape.

Casey
Stan Paxton

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2008 5:16 am    

Hey Casey,
Thanks for the thought. Smile ... Right now would rather trade than buy something else, since I can use the Delta Fex til a trade comes along. Or, if I sell outright, then could look into buying replacement. I did check out the Behringer, and looks good. My question, are they noisy?
Thanks again and God Bless
Cool
Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2008 3:01 pm    

They might be a tad bit more noisey than an RV-3, but you would never notice it at bandstand levels.

That's my theory anyways...maybe some other Behringer owners can chime in here.

Casey
Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2008 5:03 pm    

For Nick Oh Well

Stan Paxton

Post  Posted 23 Aug 2008 8:45 am    

I know you are giving me some good advise, Casey, but at this point still would rather trade for the RV-3, and keep playing the DD Fex until such time.
Thanks for the Bump....