| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RI: New England Steel Guitar Association Meeting
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2008 5:46 pm    

We will be having our next meeting August 10'th at the American Legion Post 15 in East Greenwich Rhode Island.We have four more new members comming to join and they are all steel players. I'm bringing them out of the woods.WE have more steel player here in R.I. that are hiding out and I'm determend to bring them out and come and have a lot of fun playing at our Jamborees.Our big Show will be comming up October 26'th and it will be at the Same American Legion we have all or meetings and Mini Steel Guitar Jamborees there also.
President
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2008 7:14 am     Sam White NESGA

Bump
Ralph Paulin

Rhode Island, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2008 7:15 pm    

Hey Sam, What time ? Laughing
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2008 4:22 am     Sam WhiteNESGA

Hey Ralph and everyone. We have our meetings and our Mini Jamborees the same time every time at 1:00 PM and they are all at the American Legion Post 15 in East Greenwich Rhode Island on Route 1 Post Road.
WE will have (4) more Steel players comming to the meeting and will be joining.One is a beginner and two of them work in a music store and the fourth I'm bringing out of retirement.I have a couple of more that I'm working on to bring them out of retirement.
Sam White
Brian Straub

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2008 8:31 am     Joining..

Hi Sam,

Would like to join as well and attend the meeting...I live in Mystic, CT...my son is also starting to play...would like to bring him along as well...his name is Noah...age 8 Smile

Thanks, Brian

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2008 4:25 pm     Sam White NESGA

Hi Brian glad to hear from you.We would love to have you and your son come to our meeting August 10th.E-Mail me and I will fill you in on everything.
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2008 10:27 am     Sam White NESGA

Well Brian I have to just brag on this one.Brian and his Son Noah 8 years old just join NESGA.Thats right Noah is learning to play Steel Guitar.I have a Great neice that is learning to play Lap Steel and Lead Guitar at 11 years old. Now this is the beginning of our Future Steel Guitar Players.
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2008 5:46 pm     Nesga Meeting

Meeting is less than two weeks and we have a lead player and My Neice will be playing Bass.
Sam white
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2008 4:29 am     Meeting Meeting Meeting Nesga

OK our Quarterly Meeting is one week from today so I hope everyone is ready for a great meeting and Jam after.WE have about 5 new Members comming to join so be there to support all the members and new members.
President
NESGA Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2008 4:52 pm     NESGA Meeting 5 days

We will be having the meeting in about 4 more days and we have no one that over plays another player.Some of our members are beginners and we will all take the time to teach them how to play. We do not let them sit there and let the better players play over them and not give them a chance. I have seen this happen to many times at other Steel Guitar Jams.We do not want to discourage the begginers as I have been there and have gotten mad and packed it up and left.I think the better player should stop and think about when they were in the same boat. This will not happen in NESGA and if it starts I will put a stop to it right away.This Association is for all members to be treated equal and it will remain that way.This is the way it should be and is going to be this way.Anyone that does not like it this way does not need to be in our NESGA.I have Paper work that I have made up to help all the beginners and we will all help them to get going on the Steel Guitar. At the meeting we will take time and show the Beginners what to do.My freind Richard Lucke and I took a member Don DuPrae up to Vermont to Jerry Fessenden's and he and Jerry made a trade and he got a beautiful Steel that Jerry built for him.He payed for the gas and I drove him up to Jerry's about 280 miles. We have a father & son that are joining and they take lessons from Doug Beaumier.We have another Beginner that just bought a Carter Starter and he is 51 years old and wants to learn to play Steel Guitar and I will help everyone of them. I know quite a bit about the steel but I have a probvlem with the timming I'm getting there but I have a hearing Problem and as soon as the VA gets me hearing Aids I will be able to hear the changes.
Sam White

Last edited by Sam White R.I.P. on 6 Aug 2008 7:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2008 6:59 am     NESGA Sam White

Everyone that is joining and all members try to get there around 10:45 AM as we need to set up our Steels tune them and then have the Pot Luck Dinner and then the meeting so we can spend a little more time with the beginners.I will be E-Mailing all members today to remind you and then again Friday.
President
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2008 4:11 am     Check Out 8 year old Noah

Two more days until the NESGA meeting. CHECK OUT OUR NEWEST MEMBER and Steel Player NOAH. Check the Steel Guitar Forum on Steel Players and click on New Steel Player.His Dad bought him a new Steel Guitar.We are proud to have him and his Dad to join our New England Steel Guitar Association.This is what we need is these young one's to get involved to keep the Steel Guitar going.We are all getting to the age where you never know when your time is up.
President
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2008 6:11 am     Results of NESGA Meweting

We had a great meeting and we will be having our Steel Guitar Show at The Smithfeild Elks in Smithfeild Rhode Island on October 26'th.We had a Great Jam and I have come a long way on playing as these guys show you what to do. We also showed a lot of the new member beginners what to practice on and they picked it up pretty good.We had 3 more new members and one is a good freind that we met. Ray Cross and he is a great Rythum player and a great singer.WE had Ray on Rythum and Ron Cote on lead guitar at the Jam and what a great performace.Everyone play in turn and gave other their chance to play. This is what it is all about.We did have some that did not make it as Ed Cunningham had a Gig to play with Mary Vocca and Mike Tierney had to help his Brother who had a knee operation and is bed ridden for awhile and Mike went to help and cook for him.We have 6 new member comming in the 31'st and that will put us up to 40 members.I just keep finding these great Steel Players and one's that want to learn to Play Steel Guitar.I had a very close freind that passed away a few yaers back and his name is John JacivelliI have his Picture hanging in my Steel room and I also have one hanging on the front of my Steel Guitar.We made him and an other member who passed on Permanet
members of NESGA.
President NESGA
Sam White