| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Tune HSGA - Still My Soul -Das & Lettes
Gerald Ross

Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2006 1:28 pm    

Here's a very nice tune played by HSGA members and SGF forumites Kay Das and Chuck Lettes.

A beautiful Internet recording collaboration. Chuck plays his Mullen pedal steel - Kay plays his West Coast non-pedal.

Still My Soul - Chuck Lettes

Still My Soul - Kay Das

------------------
Gerald Ross
'Northwest Ann Arbor, Michigan's King Of The Hawaiian Steel Guitar'

CEO, CIO, CFO - UkeTone Records
Gerald's Fingerstyle Guitar Website
Board of Directors Hawaiian Steel Guitar Association

Kay Das

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2006 2:29 pm    

I need to mention the credits.

The tune was written by John Chisum and Nancy Gordon and featured on John's album " A Table in the Wilderness", conceived and produced as a unique service of communion around the 23rd Psalm and is available from the Firm Foundation Worship Ministries. The original is a vocal version sung by John Chisum which Chuck Lettes and I have adapted for steel guitar. The original album was produced, arranged and mixed by David Das in 2005 with a cast of many talented musicians. The tune has international copyright via ASCAP and recording permission has been kindly extended to me. More details of the original CD can be obtained from www.MyWorshipCoach.com or www.daviddas.com.

The idea of recording this tune on lap and pedal steels occurred at the Joliet convention where Chuck and myself met for the first time. We had collaborated on steel guitar strings before on "The Swan", which is available on the HSGA website.

For the lap steel part I used a West Coast 8-string with standard C6 tuning, a combination of Fender Deluxe Hot Rod and Fender Stage 160 DSP amplifiers with dry pre-amp output to the mixing board, and for part of the tune, routing it via a Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeller using a ping-pong delay setting. For recording details of Chuck's recording on Mullen pedal steel E9 neck , he can be contacted.

Kay

PS: A new mix has been posted today, the old one had some overload problems

------------------
kay
Kay Das

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2006 7:55 am    

We have just replaced the previous mix with a new one, as Chuck's pedal steel track had a synchronisation problem, which you may have noticed. The problem was not with the track but with my attempts at syncing two different mixing systems together and it is now fixed. This tune is intended to be the entry for HMA this year, if I can get to doing so before the time deadline.