| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  GFI Expo Single 10 3 x 4
Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2008 5:27 pm    

GFI Expo single 10. 3 pedals and 4 knee levers. Black and grey. Standard Emmons setup but easy to change. The guitar is just like new and plays perfectly. Original Case and leg bag are like new as well. This is probably the lightest professional steel made today and I have never had a problem with it moving around (even when using the vertcal lever).

This is NOT a student guitar. It is exactly the same as the Ultra and uses all the same parts. The only difference is the finish options and lever upgrades. This guitar can take a vertical knee lever (which I just took off and have listed separately to reduce the cost of the guitar).

The pickup is a custom Charlie Christian style built by Pete Biltoft of Vintage Vibe Pickups using #38 wire and alnico bar magnets. It reads about 2.4k and those of you who know about low impedance pickups (Bigsby, Rickenbacher Lap steels) know that no humbucker or single coil made can touch them for output and tone. It has a very clear, open tone, not midrangy like most humbucker pickups. It does not sound like a Fender single coil either, it has a much warmer tone. There is an onboard volume and tone control hidden under the guitar for even more control. The sound is unbelievable.

All pullrod brass bushings have had the nylon washers installed to reduce the slack. It is smooth and made a huge difference in the feel. I even just installed a new set of strings.

I would like $1295.00 plus shipping. PayPal plus 3% OK. Shipping weight is 50 pounds from 59901. I am giving up on pedal steel and going back to lap steel and Dobro. It just takes to much time. I have a GFI verical lever kit and a couple of pedal kits listed for sale as well so if you want to upgrade your guitar, now is the time

Thanks for looking.

John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2008 4:59 pm    

Check you PM I need address to send money
Harry Sheppard

Kalispell, MT USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2008 6:22 pm    

Guitar has been sold.
Max Stuckey

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2008 1:25 pm     Nylon washers

Hi Harry: Glad you sold your GFI. Could you tell me where you install nylon washers to reduce slack?
Thanks MAX