| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New England Steel Guitar Mtg and Jam
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 23 May 2008 5:13 pm    

Two days away from our 2nd Quarterly Meeting May 25th.We have two new Members that just joined. They are Don Hemmer from Conn. who use to play at Billy Bobs in Dallas TX. and Bill Sullivan from Warwick R.I. who play way back when there were no Pedals on a Steel. He also play all Rock and Roll bands and no country. That must have been really something to hear a Steel in a Rock& Roll band.Also we have another Steel player comming to Join from MA.and that brings our membership up to 27 now. Have a gerat Holiday and happy picking.
Keep on Picking
NESGA President
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 May 2008 2:44 pm     Sam White NESGA

WOW what a great Meeting and Jam.WE got a lot done and we are moving forward with this great bunch of people in this Association. We had a great Pot luck dinner with plenty to spare and the meeting went very smooth. The Jam was one of the best that I have heard in a long time.There was no one out of order and the Meeting was very pleasent.We will be having hats and T-Shirts with my original design.Our next Mini Steel Guitar Jamboree will be June 29th at the American Legion Post 15 In East Greenwich Rhode Island and the Steel Players will be Eddie Cunningham, Ralph Paulin, Sam White, Richard Lucke, and the back up Steel Player will be Vinny Doyal in case one of the ones picked out of the hat can not make it.The Band will be Mary Vocca the band that Eddie Cunningham plays in all the time.Our Big Steel Show will be October 26th and the place will be announced at a later date.Our next Quarterly meeting will be July 27th at the Warwick FOP #7 in Warwick at 95 Tanner Ave in Warwick, R.I..
President NESGA
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 6:01 pm     Sam White NESGA

We do all our Mini Steel Guitar Jamborees at our local American Legion Post to support the Legion and the Veterans.I'm a Veteran and I'm a member of the American Legion Post 15 in East Greenwich Rhode Island.We also have all the CMA of R.I. and The RICH Organization that supports us on our Mini Steel Guitar Jamborees. So you can see Country music is strong in the New England Area.I'm a big suppoter of the Steel Guitar as I'M the Founder of the Rhode Island Steel Guiat Association and now the New England Steel Guitar Association and I'm also the founder of the Greeneville Tennessee Steel IN.I have all the time in the world to support our new Association NESGA.
NESGA President
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 31 May 2008 11:09 am     Sam White NESGA

Tomorrow is June 1 st and the 29th is our 3rd Mini Steel Guitar Jamboree.The Band is Mary Vocca with our own Eddie Cunningham on Steel Guitar and Ralph Paulin,Richard Lucke,Sam White and Vinny Doyle as back up if someone can't make it or wants to give up his spot for Vinny Doyle.
President
Sam White