| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Panhandle Rag - Rondo SX Lap Steel - Fender Deluxe Reverb
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 6:39 am    

Here's a tune I did a few months ago on E9th and C6th. This time I played it on a 6 string Rondo SX lap steel tuned E C A G E C high to low. I'll be tabbing this out and posting the rhythm track soon. All of the stuff played here also works well with C6th pedal steel.

The standard guitar parts were played on a Rondo Agile 3000 onto a Boss RV-5 and the same Fender Deluxe Reverb used for the lap steel.

Panhandle Rag Lap Steel

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
William Griffith

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 9:17 am     Panhandle

Hi Greg, Do you sell any of these tabs and rhythm tracks for lap steel or E9? It takes forever to download and I have no copier. Thanks for your time Bill Your material is very good, thanks for shareing.
Dave Bader

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 9:22 am    

Greg

Nice as always. One question though, why not use the reverb from the deluxe reverb?
Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 9:27 am    

Greg, that sounds awesome!
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 9:48 am    

Bill,

It takes a lot of time to print and bind all the tabs! I did do that for one person and now I could kick myself for not making about 10 copies at one time. I just don't feel right charging for this stuff!

Dave, the reverb on my Deluxe, which I bought used for $600 and appears to be in mint conditon, just plain sucks. I did check to see that it has the righr model of reverb tank and I did verify that the tank is not defective. I'm gonna swap in another 12AT7 and 7025 just to make sure those are ok. The reverb has lots of depth but is very metallic sounding and not as smooth as the reverb I ahd on my silver face Deluxe Reverb back in 1968 with the Hammond tank. I really think the RV-5 reverb is just as good as the old Fender reverb but I know I'm in the minority here.

Andy, thanks for the encouragement!

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2008 3:23 pm    

I just posted tab for the first verse and a rhythm track out in the forum tab section.

Greg
Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2008 1:51 pm    

Nice job Greg, I enjoyed your playing.

Is your Rondo SX Lap Steel stock? I have noticed that several owners have swapped out the pickup.

Roger
Bill Leff

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2008 3:58 pm    

Greg Cutshaw wrote:
Bill,

It takes a lot of time to print and bind all the tabs!
Dave, the reverb on my Deluxe, which I bought used for $600 and appears to be in mint conditon, just plain sucks. I did check to see that it has the righr model of reverb tank and I did verify that the tank is not defective. I'm gonna swap in another 12AT7 and 7025 just to make sure those are ok. The reverb has lots of depth but is very metallic sounding and not as smooth as the reverb I ahd on my silver face Deluxe Reverb back in 1968 with the Hammond tank. I really think the RV-5 reverb is just as good as the old Fender reverb but I know I'm in the minority here.

Greg

Greg, try a 12AU7 for the reverb tube. I swapped out the 12AT7 for one on my DR (reissue) and it tames the 'verb.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2008 6:02 pm    

Roger,

My SX is all stock. I've noticed that it's great on fast songs and slower ones down to 150 BPM or so. It lacks the sustain needed for slow songs and it's pretty harsh in the high ranges. I view it as a great learner instrument or as a second instrument for a pedal steel gig. If I got more serious about lap steel, there'd be no way to go but seriously upgrade the SX or move up to a frypan.

Bill, thanks for the tip! I've got 12AU , T, V and X's here to try. Tubes left over from my old color tv service days, NOS, aboiut 250 of them. What to do with a 6BQ5 or a 6LQ6?

Greg

Last edited by Greg Cutshaw on 5 Jun 2008 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Burton

Manassas, Va
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2008 6:08 am    

Another one!
Sounds great, as useal.
Just a quick thanks for taking the time to post the tab. It's really appreciated! I'm still trying to get some of your other stuff under my belt first.
Carroll Hale

EastTexas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2008 10:34 am     Re: Panhandle Rag - Rondo SX Lap Steel - Fender Deluxe Rever

Like your version of Panhandle Rag....any luck with the Tabs.....what key are you doing this in...
just curious.
ch

Greg Cutshaw wrote:
Here's a tune I did a few months ago on E9th and C6th. This time I played it on a 6 string Rondo SX lap steel tuned E C A G E C high to low. I'll be tabbing this out and posting the rhythm track soon. All of the stuff played here also works well with C6th pedal steel.

The standard guitar parts were played on a Rondo Agile 3000 onto a Boss RV-5 and the same Fender Deluxe Reverb used for the lap steel.

Panhandle Rag Lap Steel

Greg
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2008 10:40 am    

Panhandle Rag Tab in pdf Format

Panhandle Rag Rhythm Track

Greg
Kevin Brown

England
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2008 12:20 am    

Hi Greg, really looking forward to the help you so kindly offer via your site or on this post, but I cant open any audio files, they just dont download for me, I presume its a fault at my end , I use mac os 10 etc. Any other mac users out there ?
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2008 3:47 am    

Kevin,

I have a lot of Mac users listening to my files! Just go to the Windows Media Player web site and get the latest Mac download for it!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx

Greg