| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Speaker??
Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2008 1:35 pm    

Last year at St. Louis Steel show Peavey had a new speaker that I understood to be as good and lighter than the 1501, but I can't seem to find out anything about them now. What are they called and do they hold up and what is the price? Thanks Dave
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 9 Apr 2008 3:24 pm    

Dave, that would be Peaveys new Neodymium magnet. About 6 pounds lighter. I think that they are even rated at higher wattage.(Mike Brown can correct me) Almost everyone is out of them now though.
I would suggest that you give the guys at Corson Music a call. They are very helpful there!
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 5:20 am     Peavey Black Widow Neo

The new speaker that I brought to the St. Louis convention was the Black Widow Neodymium magnet 1501-4 ohm speaker. It is pretty wild looking with its distinct magnet "fin" cooling design.

You can order the magnet at this time under part number 00560870 and the U.S. MSRP is $139.99. The 1501-4 ohm replacement basket retails at $89.99 and the part number is #00027020.It may be order direct from the factory or through your local authorized Peavey dealer.

It will retrofit your existing 1501-4 speaker, except for the first version(1970's). The overall reduction in weight is 6 pounds and there is no change in tone between the two magnets.

If you should have further questions, contact me toll free at 1-877-732-8391. ext. 1180 and I'll be glad to assist.

Hope that this helps.

Mike Brown
Peavey USA
Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 6:23 am     new speaker

Thanks for the reply guy's the $139.99 is probably less than the 1501-4 and I'll more than likely go with that one. Thanks Dave
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 11 Apr 2008 5:16 pm    

Dave, here is what they look like: