| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dunlop Hot Potz- ( a big thanks to Greg Cutshaw)
Dale Hansen

Hendersonville,Tennessee, (USA)
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 7:59 pm    

I went from the worst pot I've ever had,..to the best pot I've ever had,...within about 45 minutes time.

And, it was the same pot.

I have replaced at least a dozen AB pots, in various volume pedals since 82', and never had any real trouble doing so, until a couple of nights ago.

I ordered, and received two of the Dunlop "Hot potz" from Tom Bradshaw, after being steered in that direction on another thread, by some fellow forumites.

These pots are a little different.

I tried to follow Tom's info sheet.
After I finished the install, from the way I understood it, and hooked it up,.. it sounded awful; and worse yet, it started out at full volume in the typical heel down "off" position, and decreased in volume as I pressed it down.
Something was wrong.
I thought at first, that the pot was geared opposite of every other one I've had, and thought for just a moment about possibly reversing the string to crank it in the opposite direction.

At any rate, I finally did what a normal, reasonable, thinking fella would do (first), and looked up Greg Cutshaw's tutitorial on the procedure. The pictures on his site, showing the colored wires, and proper configuration, revealed the fact that I had it wired up in reverse.

It got straightened out, adjusted right, and it works great. Sounds great too, the clarity is stellar.

Thanks Greg, for having that info up, and readily available.

So easy, a caveman could do it. And this week,... one has.

DH