| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tom Pryor / The Everybodyfields
Norm Pratt

Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2008 7:31 pm    

I just heard a great band live on XM Radio the other day called the Everybodyfields. Does anyone have any information on Tom Pryor who plays steel for them? His tone and playing is haunting and beautiful.
Dennis Graves

Maryville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2008 7:41 pm    

Tom is from the Knoxville area as are most, if not all, of the other band members.
I last saw Tom about 4-5 months ago and he was still playing at that time a MSA. Until a few months ago, he was playing with Robinella here in Knoxville.

I may be wrong about where the other band members are from. I know for sure one of the other members is from here.
Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2008 8:26 pm    

I played with an opening act for his band in San Francisco a month or so ago and talked with him for quite some time. He's a super nice guy and claimed to be a novice but when I heard him I thought he was great. It was more atmospheric but very tasty, toneful, focused and in tune. I liked what he was doing.

Dave
Kyle Everson

Nashville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2008 11:57 pm    

I got to know one of the members while my cousin attended ETSU in Johnson City. I know at least some were based there. I also ran into them in Knoxville right after my appearance on the Blue Plate Special on WDVX a couple years ago. Glad to hear they are using a steel player.
Nathan Golub

Durham, NC
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2008 9:54 am    

I played steel in a band that opened up for them here in Chapel Hill back in September 2007. If I remember correctly, he was playing a 12 string MSA, but only strung it up as a 10 string. He only used the A and B pedals + the knee levers, but I think the C pedal was busted. For effects he had a tube screamer and a Boss delay (maybe a couple others), all running into a Fender solid state guitar amp, like the Deluxe 90. Also, his VP was an Ernie Ball. He was really nice and was playing some very cool stuff, with great tone.

Funny, when I spoke to him he mentioned he'd been playing steel for close to 10 years.
Dave Petranek

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 7:23 am    

I met Tom last weekend at a everybodies(no cap on e) concert on Madison. They will be releasing a new CD this fall, with Tom featured on steel. He adds a great touch.
Their 1st 3 CDs featured some lap steel but not pedal steel, which will be more dominant now as in the future. Interesting sound, and unusual in that there were no drums.
Kyle Dosskey

Post  Posted 12 Apr 2008 4:58 pm    

I am a huge fan of this band. The singer is smokin' hot and sings like a doll, the dobro is deep and moody. For people who are wondering if there is a future for steel guitar in popular music I point to bands like The Everybodyfields who are a fairly popular alt. country act with the young crowd to prove people are born with an inclination towards roots music (ie everyone can appreciate it)