| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Youtube Videos & a BIG Thanks ...From David Hartley
David Hartley

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 1:24 pm    

I would just like to thank you all for watching and commenting on them over the last few months. I have been a YOUTUBE member since July 11th 2007, My first posting was OB Special. As rough as it was I still had an Australian film maker want to use it on a small film he was making. That was a very nice feeling. I have since added many more when I get the time and when I feel 'in the mood' to pick. You all have been so very kind with your comments. I try my best to answer all your questions and emails too. I don't think I will be tabbing anything in the near future, but I get asked this many times. I am making enquries on the tabbing section to see the easiest way. I hope just uploading a few tunes for the time being will help some players out there with their playing etc.. Anyway, I wanted to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU because I have just had the total viewings go over 1/4 MILLION... 225,433 viewings to be exact, Thank you SO much everybody, It really means a lot to me that you're enjoying them. I have made many friends on the forum over the last few months and finally got to meet many of you too at the show. I am so looking forward already to next year so I can meet you all again. I have some GREAT ideas in the coming months which I know you will like. Best Wishes to you all, David Hartley

Last edited by David Hartley on 26 Mar 2008 2:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bill Stroud

Dresden, Tennessee, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 2:02 pm     Thanks

David thanks to you for making those YouTube Videos, all of us really enjoy listening to them.
That's what keeps us young >>>>> <<<<<
Keep up the great work that your doing.

Like you I'll be making my reservations for Dallas 2009 convention, I really enjoyed that trip and meeting a lot of friends.

I could call a lot of names but I might miss one so I'll say great meeting you-all.
Thanks,
Bill
Brian Folks

N. Padre Island, Tx.
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 2:53 pm    

Hi David...You deserve all the respect and compliments on all of your songs that you play as I know that you did not learn this fine mechanical instrument overnight...It took i'm sure just a few years(many moon's)for you to aquire your tasteful style...but you have definately turned a lot of heads that will open new doors for you in which ever direction you wish to go...Take Care and I will be "hollering at you" (Texas Talk)...Your South Texas Friend...Brian Cool Cool
David Hartley

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 3:09 pm     Hi

Thanks Bill and Brian.. I am no good at maths though, I just realised that 1/4 million is not 225,000.. I got an 'O' level in maths at school too. Another 25,000 needed then, David
John Roche

England
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 3:21 pm    

whats another week
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 4:33 pm    

Hey David, thank you for sharing your superb steel work with us over here and also thanks for making the trip to Texas. It was a real pleasure meeting you, and as Brian said, you have turned alot of heads over here with your tasteful playing. Looking forward to seeing you next year.---Henry

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Barry Scott

San Diego, California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 5:33 am    

Your postings have made a better player of me. Thank you David.
Abel Khineche

Santa Clarita California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 5:58 am    

Hi David,

A great achievement indeed.
I for one think I have watched almost all of them.
I also mentioned your name on the Shadows Music website in UK. They didn't seem to be aware that they had a great steeler in England.
Congratulations.
If I may ask you a question, I received an email from an artist named "Otis Grand" in UK. Do you know him ? can you tell me something about him?. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Abel
Abel Khineche

Santa Clarita California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 6:17 am    

Hi David,

I forgot: it is mentioned in his website at
http://otisgrand.com that he played steel guitar in the movie "Goldeneye" in the 90s.

Best Regards,
Abel
David Hartley

Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 10:37 am     Hi Abel

Don't know a thing about him as I don't follow R & B.. David
Rick Nicklas

Verona, Mo. (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 2:16 pm    

David, I'm sure I'm not alone when I would like for you to explain how you use the delay technique on Orange Blossom to get that speedpicking style. I would sure appreciate you showing what delay setting you use and a short example of your finger technique to make it work. Just a short YouTube of how this is accomplished will make me happy for years and my birthday is in May so this would be the best present ever.. Very Happy
David Hartley

Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 3:11 pm     Hi Rick

I will do it tomorrow for you if I can..Regards, David
Rick Nicklas

Verona, Mo. (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 6:12 pm    

Thank you David. I hope there are others that appreciate this as much as me. I turn 60 this year and this method has to be a great breakthrough for Senior Citizen Speed Picken... Very Happy

Rick