| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Howard 12 string 6X6 custom
Tim Cook

San Diego, California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2008 9:04 am    

Beautiful HOWARD 12 string custom built for Daniel Porter in late 70's or 80's(I think);incredibly detailed machine and design work-I think he was WAY ahead of his time-search the Forum for posts regarding these guitars-this one is very rare-undoubtably one of his more complex creations (the photos tell the story)-very robust costuction with aircraft spec components and hardware;fascinationg workmanship,definately a one of a kind! With custom fitted case-looks like new! $1275
275 e-mail steelbone@earthlink.net

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2008 7:52 am    

Hi Tim,
I am a couple days new to the forum so i hope i get this right. What is the set of the steel? And in the last picture i see the seventh pedal is hanging, is it working?
THANKS
HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2008 8:10 am    

I don't believe there's a 7th pedal.......

Howard......... Laughing
Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2008 8:12 am    

Tim. Could you take some closeup pics of the keyhead on this guitar. Outside view of the keys and an inside closeup view of the posts. It looks like it is made up of separate pieces! Please either post them here or send them to me. Thanks. Bill
Tim Cook

Post  Posted 19 Mar 2008 8:48 am     7th pedal,key head,etc.

Yes there is a seventh pedal,don't know purpose OR Set Up of guitar(I play 10 string-that's why I'm selling)The 7th pedal has a aluminum extension as well as a con. rod to guitar(total of seven)The key head is made up of 12 separate aluminum pieces(this guitar is built like a tank!)Notice the Knee lever engaging design and related hardware;also the full length adjustable tension springs! Please see the HOWARD flyer that is posted on the Forum-it has more details of hi design-Tim

California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2008 3:45 pm     7th 'pedal'

My guess is: A lot of 12str setups are tuned B6th--could the lever be the device which shifts it into a C6th? or..is it a "heel lever" Confused Rolling Eyes
Tim Cook

Post  Posted 22 Mar 2008 9:58 am     Howard set-up

Here's a list of what I see ;P1=3,6,8 raise,P2=6,10 raise,P3=11 lower,P4not used,P5=3,6 lower,P71 raise,8,9 lower;RKR=4 lower,RKL4,7 raise,the two verticals raise and lower 5,LKL 2 raise,LKR? I might have erred here but that's what I see-The whole set-up is easily changed as all the pulls are by stainless steel rods(actually wire/cable-very rigid but can be cut and bent to any length;goes through the multiple holes on each bellcrank( pics show swiweling pivot point and adjusting screw on each bellcrank)The wire passes through the hole and is secured by the black nylon/plastic sleeve-ingenious!The quality of parts/design/

workmanship,etc. just amaze me!