| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons Shool of pedal steel guitar
David LeBlanc

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2008 8:04 am    

When I bought my MSA recently,the guy gave me some courses that Emmons had out called:EMMONS SHOOL OF PEDAL STEEL GUITAR. It contains songs on sheet music of classic country. Was wondering if there was tapes or something that came with this? If any one knows something about this,let me know.Also came with a book called STEELIN FEELIN by :JEFFRAN MUSIC CO. Also sheet music,but no cassetts,tapes... Any ideas? Confused
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2008 9:51 am    

David, I don't know about the Emmons one but Jeff's Steelin' Feelin' came with an LP back in the day.
A phone call to Fran Newman would sort it all out for you. She is s nice lady to deal with. Find her phone # on www.jeffran.com
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2008 7:34 pm    

Quote:
EMMONS SHOOL OF PEDAL STEEL GUITAR. It contains songs on sheet music of classic country. Was wondering if there was tapes or something that came with this?

It originally came with an LP back in the 1970's. The tab is a little unusual because the pedal and knee lever 'letters' are Below the tab, not In the tab, which takes some getting used to. There were 4 sections, each containing 13 songs, for a total "52 Week Course". Each section was written by a top Nashville player: Doug Jernigan, and Herby Wallace, I believe, and others. The tab alone, without the audio, might be kind of hard to follow, in my opinion.

There was another Emmons School of PSG product with 10 Shuffles played by Buddy Emmons. An LP with tab written in the same format as above. I think that product was simply called "Learn to Play the Pedal Steel Guitar". The audio was killer on that one, as you can imagine! Winking
David LeBlanc

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2008 8:06 am    

Thats right Doug,hard to follow. Although I`m a NEWBEE,I think with the music it would be better ConfusedI`m shure it`s the one with Doug Jernigan as it says his name sowhere and it mentions 52 courses.
David LeBlanc

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2008 10:59 am    

Thanks Bent,gonna give Fran a call.Thanks Doug for the reply and information.
Clint Queen

Prescott, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2008 3:27 pm     A friend looking for David LeBlanc

David, can you give me a jingle at tengypsy@infomagic.net A friend of your's (and mine)is looking for you.
Clint Queen.
David LeBlanc

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 6 May 2008 11:39 am    

I found the tapes.(thanks LOUIS )To all who replied and looked THANK-YOU. Please close her up b0b. Cool