| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What's My Rick Worth?
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2008 3:18 pm    

6 string bakelite rick..chrome plates..string through body..bakelite in great shape, no real dings in plates ..1 1/2 inch magnet..have original tuners, but replaced with chrome button waverlies..tone/volume knobs on opposite sides..jack on inside (towards body)..patent #'s on bakelite and pickup brackets...beige tone/volume knobs (don't know if original)..# stamped in end of neck 01989(?)
...curious about year and value....thought it might be 1937ish...thanx!
Bill Creller

Saginaw, Michigan, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2008 11:55 pm    

That first digit in the serial is likely a "C" and not a zero. You may be correct about the year, although I worked on serial C983, and it was a '35 , with just the volume control, so yours may be a '36.
Th pre-war types seem to be bringing around 900 to 1200 bucks these days, and maybe more if there is a nice old original case with it.
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2008 8:19 am     A couple of recent offerings...............

Several guitars as you describe, have been recently offerd on eBay starting at $2,200. JERRY BYRD told me if one markets them in Japan, they fetch far more. He rec'd $3,500 for his, like yours.

A silver Hawaiian was recently posted for, I believe it was, $7,500?

I got my 7-stringer for $350.00.

Just for comparison sake.....
Don Kona Woods

Hawaiian Kama'aina
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2008 9:58 am    

Ray says,
Quote:
I got my 7-stringer for $350.00.

In what year was that, Ray? Surprised

Aloha, Smile
Don
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2008 10:07 am     Now let's see.................................

About 5 years ago at Olde Towne Music, on S.W. 3rd a block south of Burnside on the east side of the street a really, really short block.

I don't believe I paid over $1,200 for any of them and as I recall, that was only for one of the 15.

I even got the one of Queensland, Australia for "FREE" and that's a good price, I'd say.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2008 12:43 pm    

that's a pretty good deal, ray! and thanx everyone for the info. this 6 string was 'given' to me also, by a friend...so i've always kind of felt that selling it wasn't an option....he also had a 7 string at the time which he later sold, though mine is in better condition. he is the guy who still has the single neck 16 stringer oahu with the huge rickenbacher pickup!