| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mickey Adams...14335 views!
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2008 4:34 pm    

This has got to be some sort of a record for the pedal steel. I noticed that one of Mickey's youtube videos has logged this many views...14335!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fDsRvfM9dHw&feature=related

With the pick blocking exersise with a close 2nd of 14330 views.
Way to go Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2008 4:46 pm    

those videos are absolutely fantastic!
sincere thanks to Mickey for them...
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2008 6:45 pm     Humbled

No one is more humbled than I at my hit count Bent..total today is about 430,000..I have to tell you, Im having SO much fun with this. I am meeting so many new players, and answering emails from all over the world...It is just overwhelming. Ive been flying for so long, and Ive always wanted to play music again..If I cant be in the clubs, I can play in here..What a great thing YouTube has become!.Thanks for tuning in all of you...Im very thankful to all of you....Sincerely thankful..Mickey
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Last edited by Mickey Adams on 10 Apr 2008 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian Folks

N. Padre Island, Tx.
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2008 7:11 pm    

Mickey you da man bro!...you just need to sit down with me and teach me all I can learn, I sure could use a bunch of help on this complicated thing-a-ma-jiggie...at least that's what I call it when I'm lost behind it and don't know which end to play, I guess everyone get's this-a-way every now and then...mostly more now than then...Take Care and see you at the Dallas Show...Your South Texas Friend...Brian Cool
Joe Harwell

"I've never been bad." ........ Many, LA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2008 9:48 pm     Thanks, Mickey

What a great contributor to the pedal steel community.

If you're new and haven't checked out Mickey's Youtube stuff, you're missing out on some great instructional material.

Great player with a great attitude.
What a wonderful world we would have
if all shared this way.

An appreciative bump-

Joe in LA
David Hartley

Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 3:02 am     Appreciated too..

What I like about Mickeys YouTube postings is that there is always something in them that you learn even if you've been playing years.. For me, it was the way I was probably picking the Hy. 40 Blues lead break, it was so much easier the way Mickey done it than the awkward way I played it..

Mant thanks to you, and keep the contributions coming,(as I will indeed myself) to the PSG community.

If I can say also, as Mickey says, it really is very much appreciated when we get emails and comments on our videos..I know from emails I have had that I have got a few guys into playing the PSG, whether they are new starters, or guys who have given it up for a few years and getting back into it again simply by watching and enjoying videos posted to YouTube. I am glad that I myself have had a part in this as Mickey has too, and many others who share their pedal steel guitar playing in this way..

OH..I almost forgot, When are you gonna take me for a fly in one of your planes, I would love to take the controls for a few seconds!!

Best Wishes Mickey, Bent (for this thread) and all other forumites too..

David Hartley..
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 4:09 am    

Mickey
You are a credit to the steel guitar fraternity. Your postings on YouTube are not an ego thing where you are trying to impress others with your playing, (although you do that anyway). To show and explain to others what you do and know is the height of generosity.
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 5:29 am     Many Thanks

Thanks for posting those kind words, from all of you here, and on Youtube. The requests that I get from users help me gather new things to learn, which keeps me practicing, and expanding my vocabulary constantly...So in essence it is I that am coming out ahead in the long run.
Im off to Florida tomorrow to play in Hudson with a great group of guys. Im going to videotape some of the show and post on youtube as well.
Thank you ALL for posting, and your continued support...Mickey in Dallas![/u]
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 6:22 am    

Mickey,

I consider you a friend now and feel I have to fess up on something. All those hits on your website,well how do I say this,I have a pet woodpecker next to the computer and some of his food accidently spilled onto the ENTER button and like 275,003 of those hits are him and 27 or 28 are me.

I'm sorry man.
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 8:17 am     YouTube

Thats quite alright Dick, I have pellet gun that will take care of "woody".,..LOL..
Chip Gavlick

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 1:48 pm    

Mr Adams, you have been a great help with my steel playing. Only been playing a year now but what I have learned from you I feel like I have been playing for ten. I asked someone one day why they were helping me and there reply was... so I can return that help to someone else, I hope one day, what you taught me I can do the same to another. Great job and thank you thank you thank you.
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 3:00 pm     Thank you Chip

Chip, I dont know what to say...Thats great to hear!...Thank you, Thank you...As well. Write anytime...Mickey
Bernie Gonyea

Sherman Tx. 75092 ,U.S.A. (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 5:37 pm     Mickey, The Miracle Steel Teacher

Very Happy Cool Laughing
Mickey, Congratsulations on reaching such a plateau, on your teaching classes on U-Tube.. They are great, Mickey; I love the sound of your G2. I hear that you and Dick had a fabulous time in the Dallas area last week-end. you'll get hired yet, whether it be your Tele or the G-2.. Keep them coming, Nickey. Have a fun time in Fla. tomorrow and Sat.. Regards, Bernie Laughing Cool Rolling Eyes

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2008 5:56 pm     Bernie

Your posts always brighten my day Bernie Mr. Green Mr. Green Mickey
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2008 12:52 pm    

If you guys keep this up I'm going to have to stuff the golf clubs in the closet and pull the PSG out. Very Happy
Abel Khineche

Santa Clarita California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2008 1:10 pm    

Hi all,

I am glad someone posted this as I am new to the Steel guitar and I want to know and hear more special Steel players.
Seems like Mikey is one of them and I can't wait to check his videos tonight.

Blessings,
Abel
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2008 1:29 pm    

Mickey, all I can say is "ditto" what every body elsr said and it was a real pleasure to get to meet you and visit with you all.---Henry

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Pit Lenz

Cologne, Germany
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2008 3:20 pm    

Hello Mickey,
Thank you for sharing your time and talent treasure with us!
After a 15-year break I got back to playing the steel, and YOUR youtube lessons are helping me so much in getting my feet back on the pedals.
I can´t describe how inspiring and helpful your lessons are.
Hope to meet you in person some day!

If you ever happen to fly over to germany, be sure to always find a guest room and a fridge full of the best german beer for you here in Cologne!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou.....

[ praise mode off ] Very Happy
Abel Khineche

Santa Clarita California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2008 5:10 pm    

Hi Mikey,

Just watched your videos.
Priceless material you teach there. Makes me want to buy a pedal steel now. I am a beginner in ... lap steel and You just made me realize how easier it is on the left hand with a pedal steel. Obviously, it's replaced by an intense knee and foot work, but it's really a nice break from the nightmare of the lap steel left hand technique with all the forward and backward slants, and going half way up the fretboard just to find a basic chord.
Too bad I don't understand your technical terminology as I am an "by ear" player, but for the rest of us, it's illuminating.
Do you teach lap steel too ?
I feel as if I am wasting some precious time by not moving to the pedal steel (Jim Eaton and Mike Perlowin warned me about that). Not that the lap steel is not good, it's a wonderful instrument, but the learning curve is gigantic and I am not 20 years old, and also I have to keep up with regular guitar playing (strat) and most of all 9 hours office work + 2 & 1/2 hours commute/day.
I can't afford a pedal steel right now, but it must be my next big investement.
Thank you for the eye opening tips and for your superb videos. What a player you are too. God bless you.

Best Regards,
Abel
Robert Deaton

Post  Posted 12 Apr 2008 12:43 pm     copying videos on you tube

I hope this is not the wrong place for this,but how does one copy this to use at home.I do not have internet hook up at home for several reasons,and I look at these lessons at work on breaks etc.I obviously don't have my steel there,but would love to record this in video form....could I and not be in violation or whatever or will I have to just settle for sound recording?

thanks a million Mickey for the pointers,time,personality and all!!!!!!
Sure wished I lived close enough for private lessons.
Robert in N.C.
Robert Deaton

Post  Posted 12 Apr 2008 1:20 pm    

tttt
Pit Lenz

Cologne, Germany
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2008 3:52 pm    

Robert,
if you use a Mac, I recommend http://tooble.tv/, a very good converter that will also do batch converting ( automatically transferring a whole list of files)
if you´re on PC, sorry, I can´t help (but who can?...)´cause I don´t have a clue about those machines Confused

hope that helps

pit Smile
Robert Dominick

Bradenton, FL
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2008 5:54 pm    

If you're using a PC check these out at:
http://downloads.zdnet.com/search.aspx?q=Easy+Video+Downloader

I am using Easy Video Downloader. Very easy to use. Hope this helps.
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 13 Apr 2008 1:31 pm    

Robert, which one of those programs do you use? The U-TUBE downloader?
Robert Dominick

Bradenton, FL
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2008 2:03 pm    

Curt,

The program I'm using is Easy Video Downloader. However, I can't for the life of me remember where I downloaded it from as mine was absolutely free. The URL I posted from ZD Net lists this program but now it seems it isn't free anylonger. Here is another one I found which is free and looks like it has more features than what I am currently using. Here's the link...check it out. http://downloads.zdnet.com/download.aspx?&q=Easy+Video+Downloader&docid=325632&promo=100511

Robert