| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sho Bud Pro 1 w/pics Price dive! Sold! Please close
Bronson Bergeson

Woodbury MN....via Colfax, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2008 2:05 pm    

Black Sho Bud Pro 1, 3x3 in great condition. I just got this but have decided to move and now I must get rid of things that aren't absolute necessities. I set it up, plugged it in and made sure it worked (which it did) and that's about as far as I got with it. Not trying to make any money on it, just what I've got into it. $1,550.00 plus shipping.

I did get a couple of pictures up but they're not the greatest to if you'd like some better ones just shoot me an email. Thanks, Bronson

Last edited by Bronson Bergeson on 24 Jan 2009 1:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Stan Paxton

1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2008 7:20 pm    

Bronson,
great lookin' 'Bud; that should sell quick... Cool
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 28 Feb 2008 6:08 am    

Thanks Stan, I hope so. Then all I have to do is get rid of this house, and find a traveling gig Anybody want to move to Wisconsin? Or need a road guitarist?
I did get a request for undercarriage so here's a couple. The guy I bought it from said he had bought it from Bobbe Seymour of Steel Guitar Nashville, whether that's true or not I don't know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dan Miller

North Reading, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2008 6:59 pm    

Hi Bronson,

I'm new to pedal steel, just signing up for lessons now. Would this be a good starter pedal? Is it E9 tuning? Can I add more knee levers? Thanks for your help!

Dan
Neil Lang

Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2008 7:16 pm    

Dan,
This is a "starter"-"finisher" and everything in between! This is a Pro quality Steel. Everything you will ever need for playing E9th. Maybe would want to add a knee or two?
Neil
Dan Miller

North Reading, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2008 7:27 pm    

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the input! All I know about pedals is what I learned from the 20 minute Carter Starter video I saw online. I DO know that Sho Buds are really well respected, seems as though it would last a long time. Would I need to buy much more to get started if I went with this pedal steel? Any thoughts on a decent volume pedal? Do knee levers cost a lot? Thanks again.

Dan

ps - Would it be easy to find someone to work on this if something were to go wrong? I live in Boston.
Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2008 8:24 pm    

Dan,

I have a Pro-1 that is a 3X3 setup. Great guitar. You could always add the other knee & have a 3X4 setup. That will keep you busy for a long time. Alot of great pickers use a 3X4...Lloyd Green has made quite a good living & a fine reputation for himself using a 3/4 setup.

Sho-Buds have a great tone, if they are setup properly the play pretty smoothe. They are super easy to work on...I know that there are several people in your region that could certainly help you.

Also, parts are readily available thanks to John Coop. You can leave your guitar like it is or get it "Cooped" and sweeten it up.

If you were to buy it, you could start learning the day you get it. Most of the instructional material out there is for guitars with a 3X2 setup. The rest is usually for 3X4 guitars.

Sho-Buds sure are nice!!!

Casey
David Biggers

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2008 8:57 pm    

Casey
You have way tooo much money... HA! HA!
Just funnin my friend.
Neil Lang

Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2008 4:15 am    

Dan,
One of the nicest amps for the money, would be a peavey nashville 112. You can get one from around $350 or so. A cheaper volume pedal for around $50 to $100. There ya go!!!Have FUN! Oh ya, knee levers run around $125 to $150 each.
Neil
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 29 Feb 2008 8:53 am    

Thanks guys for all the great comments. Still no bites yet, but the house ain't sold yet either so no hurry. I'd keep it but my LDG from Curt Ryle looks too good under the lights and I now realize that I'm lazy and that the pad is a nice place to rest. (pic below). Remember that included in the price is a good donation to this great site that has helped me learn so much.

Ken Thompson

Great Falls, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2008 9:47 am    

Hi Bob. I'm still thinking about it. My workhorse is a Carter S10 and I have a Super Pro to practice with that has great tone but is in need of some work. I have planned to have it Cooped for a long time but it costs a lot to ship it and then wait for months. That plus I don't need the C6th neck.

I have been looking for a Pro I since I am a huge Bud fan. It is just hard to make a decision without seeing it. I don't want to buy it and then discover that it needs work under the hood before I can count on it to do the job. I am to far away from any steel mechanics to make a mistake. I have lost out on others because I am one of those slow deciders when it comes to making a purchase sight unseen.
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2008 8:51 pm    

Nice steel and the price is right.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Ken Thompson

Great Falls, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2008 8:17 am    

Sorry Bronson, didn't mean to call you Bob. Too many email and forum messages going at one time.

Signed, dipshi....
Fred Rushing

Odin, IL, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2008 11:53 am     PRO 1

Bronson if the Bud is available please checkmyour Email. Thanks Fred
Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2008 11:59 am    

Dave,

Being single & young has some advantages!!!

Casey
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 4 Mar 2008 6:45 am    

Yes folks, it's still available. How 'bout I trade it for rent for a place in the Fort Worth area?????
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 1:45 pm    

TTT
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 13 Mar 2008 5:26 am    

Up once more.....
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 2 Dec 2008 11:36 am    

This thing is still here and so am I in case anybody's interested....in either of us!
Daniel Skiver

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2008 1:56 pm    

Hey Bronson, I'm interested and I shot you an e-mail. Regards. - Daniel
Shaan Shirazi

Austin, TX, USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2008 10:39 am    

Damn! Wish you were moving to Austin, I'd definitely trade rent for that beautiful horn Smile
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 4 Dec 2008 8:12 pm    

Me too Shaan. I'm actually hoping to finance the move down there by selling the Pro and a few amps.
Shaan Shirazi

Austin, TX, USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2008 5:59 am    

Good Luck! Maybe I'll see you down in the Stockyards sometime in the future or if you get a gig down here.
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2008 9:31 am    

I asked for a bailout from congress and didn't get it so I'll lower the price on this to move it....

$1,500.00 SHIPPED! lower 48
Bronson Bergeson

Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 1:48 pm    

SOLD! Please Close. Donation on the way.