| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel player appreciation
Jim Strawser

Montana, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2008 3:09 pm    

Very Happy Its amazing how small the lap and pedal steel player community is and how helpful everyone is! As a beginning 6 string lap steel player i had the pleasure of watching Gibson Hartwell play his double neck Fender lap steel last night in Hamilton, Montana. He graciously showed me a lot of tips and tricks he has learned over the years. We don't have many steel guitar players in Montana and "Gib" is one the nicest people you would want to know. Also Rick Kornacker of Stepping Stone Music replied to an email I sent to him, and offered assistance any time i had questions! Where else can you find this sort of close friendship? No where's that I can think of, so my hat is off to all the Steel players, lap and pedal steel alike! You are all awesome!!!

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2008 3:57 pm    

Maybe it's because steel players are out numbered ten thousand to one by guitar players,Even tho a lot of us have huge different opinions about political and religious views,Some are rich and famous,some like me are poor and unknown,Some like me are homely,Some like Bobbe are handsome and has all the ladies,But we all have ONE common bond that makes us a brotherhood,we all LOVE the steel guitar,DYKBC.