| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lynn Stafford P/P Master
Jim Hussey

Reno, Nevada - USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2011 11:12 am    

Check out this P/P SD12 just back from a rebuild by Lynn Stafford. A few months back, I bought this for my 60th birthday from Mr. Boggs. While changing a couple of knee lever pulls, I decided to have Lynn add gauged rollers and pedal 4.

Lynn did a phenomenal job (as always). The pedal action is effortless, smooth, and accurate, and it sounds just like a P/P should. This is my 3rd experience with a P/P worked or rebuilt by Lynn. If you have a P/P that needs attantion: wrap around, bolt on, or cut tail, Lynn is the master.

Thanks Lynn!

Bob Muller

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2011 12:11 pm    

Jim I was out to Lynn's Place about a week ago, got to view some of his work first hand. I can tell you his work is first class!! I was with a friend who picked up a guitar he just bought, It was also a beauty, everything looked like new on the underside. Enjoy your new guitar.
Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2011 12:13 pm    

yes, and a fine fellow to visit with as well...
Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2011 3:20 pm    

Beautiful. I have its twin brother (click to see) with 6 and 6 and E9/B6.

Congratulations, Jim. Yours is in superb shape. I've only heard good things about Lynn's work. A well tuned, well adjusted push-pull is a joy to behold.

My favorite guitar in the world. I played it at a club gig last night and it still gives me goose bumps from time to time. Smile

Enjoy that guitar!
(and . . . FWIW, if you ever have a notion to sell it please be sure I know about it)
Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2011 5:56 pm     Lynn

Lynn always does great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2011 1:45 pm    

Jim's guitars play great. Best playing push/pulls I have ever sat at. Let's see if he can make Jim's ZB (he has it now to work on) sound like a push/pull (NOT!!) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey Jim... Is Lynn still setting up your pedals backwards Question Laughing Question Laughing (note: I am a Day player and Jim is an Emmons player -- same old joke).
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Christopher Woitach

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2011 7:35 pm    

AND Lynn does nice work on all pull guitars, too - did a great job on my 1976 MSA S-12. A great guy to hang with, as well.
Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2011 7:35 am     Thanks!

Gosh, I really appreciate all the very kind words from everyone.

Jim: it's sure been a pleasure getting to know you personally. Thanks for posting this.

Bob: thanks for the kind words. You've done some really nice work as well. That old Sho~Bud you restored is really spectacular! Maybe someday you'll see the light and play an Emmons PP (just kidding).

Richard: Kathy and I really enjoyed meeting you and hearing you play at that club in Santa Clara with Jim and his wife, Shelly. You are a very talented player!

Dave: thanks and back at you!

Billy: It's been a pleasure getting to know you over the last few years. I really enjoyed working alongside you at the Emmons factory last year. Your guitar restoration work is really exceptional.

Christopher: thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed getting to know you while doing the U12 conversion on your old MSA. I'm sure by now you are really enjoying your new MSA! With your vast musical ability and knowledge, I'm sure you will go very far with the pedal steel. Getting those lessons from Reese was a very smart move! I hope to hear you play at our next steel jam.

And yes, Christopher is correct...I do lots of work on other brands of all-pull guitars. I'm even going to try and get Jim Hussey's ZB working a little better. I'm sure if I need any help with it, I can call on Billy Knowles (a ZB expert).

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2011 8:19 pm    

I'm here to testify that a Staffordized Emmons p/p (at least those belonging to Jim Hussey) sound amazing, and play as light as any modern day all pull steel.

Lynn, do you have a way of achieving splits on push-pulls? That's the one feature I wish they had.