| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fender Stringmaster Double-8 For Sale
Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 12:12 pm    

1960s Fender Stringmaster for sale – two 8-String necks, 22.5 scale. Everything works perfectly, the chrome is shiny and unpitted, and the guitar has fabulous tone. (Photos Below).

Its previous owner refinished the guitar in a matte-finish blue that’s close to Fender's Sonic Blue. (The finish is actually flatter looking and not quite as shiny as the photos appear). The guitar comes with its original Tolex hard-shell case and telescoping legs. The legs are in fine shape and the clutches all work perfectly. I believe this guitar dates from the 1960s based on its case, which is typical for that era. I’ve popped the tuner pans but the refinish obliterated any original pencil markings that may have existed.

Note also that the previous owner also attached the relief Fender logo from the case to the audience side of the guitar (see photo). It actually looks kind of cool that way but I’m including two Fender "Spaghetti" logo decals (see Photo) should its new owner want to re-finish it to original specs. There are a few minor bar dings and dents between the necks but the body is in very good shape and the case is in fine shape as well.

Fender Stringmasters are widely regarded as one of the all-time best steels ever built. The pickups have the innovative feature of a blend knob for each neck that allows the pickups to move from single coil to humbucking mode and give you a wide range of available tones. The blend knobs and pickup covers work perfectly on this guitar. It's a classic vintage axe and I’m sorry to see it go but I have a new guitar I need to pay for when the credit card bill arrives.

The guitar in its case weighs 31.5 lbs. It comes with a custom built wooden shipping crate made by its previous owner that’s fastened with square (Robertson) screws. The guitar, case and the shipping crate together weigh 50 lbs.

Price = $1450.00 firm + actual cost of UPS Ground shipping to your location (48 contiguous states only). Payment by U.S. Postal Service Money Order or Cashiers Check only. Guitar will ship when payment clears. I reserve the right to refuse to do business with anyone should I become aware of any issues of a negative nature. The guitar is sold as is and as described so please ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Please contact me by private email rather than as a reply to this post: avolk_at_volkmedia_dot_com. The guitar will go to the first buyer with a firm offer to buy. Yes it's refinished but it's in really good shape and will Fender be making any more of them? I doubt it!

I’ve been on this forum for 10+ years and many can vouch for my integrity. I’m hoping this guitar can go to a forumite rather than land on the dreaded auction site we love to hate.

]1/7/08 - OKAY, THE MARKETPLACE HAS SPOKEN - OFF TO EBAY
Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2008 11:06 am    

Sold on eBay to a non-forumite. Please close.