| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Internet Radio Features Hawaiian Steel In The 1950s
Bill Wynne

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2008 7:20 am    

I am featuring the 1950's all this month on my program.

This week (January 13th) is dedicated solely to steel guitar from that decade featuring a number of rarities from Jerry Byrd, Jules Ah See, Barney Isaacs, David Kelii, Billy Hew Len, Bernie Ka`ai, Freddie Tavares, Gabby Pahinui, Bill Kelly, Sam Makia, Hal Aloma, Splash Lyons, Sonny Kamaka, John Camacho, Danny Stewart, Lovey Lui Conn, Benny Rogers, and Joe Custino. If there's a name among these you've never heard of before, you should be listening...

The following week (January 20th) is dedicated to Billy Hew Len on the occasion of his birthday.

And I wrap up the month with a program (January 27th) featuring only recordings from the year 1959 - which, if you didn't know, was a fantastic year for Hawaiian music with classic releases from Mahi Beamer (with Jules Ah See and Danny Stewart), Sterling Mossman (with Barney Isaacs), Eddie Kamae, Pua Almeida (with Billy Hew Len), Chick Floyd (with Danny Stewart, Barney Isaacs, and Billy Hew Len), and many, many more.

Join me for the show I call Ho`olohe Hou - "to listen again."

Sundays
6pm EST
3pm PST
1pm HST

http://www.50thstateradio.com

HO`OLOHE HOU RADIO - http://www.hoolohehou.net