| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  E9th Pedal 3 - Part 1 - Basic Minor Chords and Ray Price+
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2007 2:55 pm    

This series is devoted to the E9th Tuning 3rd pedal that raises the 4th string from E to F# and the 5th String from B to C#. While this pedal is handy for playing minor chords, it also can get many different sounds because of the pedal action of pulling two strings at the same time. Being on a floor pedal, it can act very quickly. It does many other things too like creating a unison sound with the 1st string. It's often used with pedal B and the knee lever that lowers the 2nd string from Eb to D. Some of these tabs are very simple and some are pretty advanced. I am starting with a collection of 32 tabs which will eventually all get posted and I'll add to that over time.

Part 1 features the basic use of pedal 3 to get minor chords and a neat intro for a Ray Price tune.

If you think of playing a C chord at the 8th fret, no pedals, then drop down 2 frets to the 6th fret and pressing pedals 2 and 3 (B and C), you have just restored the 4th and 5th strings to the 8th fret and dropped the 6th string one fret. This is equivalent to just dropping string 6, the 3rd note in the scale, one fret, creating a minor chord on strings 3,4,5 and 6. So you have a C chord at fret 8, and with pedals B,C, a C minor at the 6th fret!

Tab502 pdf

Hear tab 502

Tab501 pdf

Hear tab 501

My web site featuring over 225 mostly pdf formatted tabs with sound files.

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger