| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Godin Multiac Jazz & Roland GR-20 Midi synth: For Trade
Greg Shadwick

California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2008 9:18 pm    

Hello folks,

I’m really looking to trade for a standard D-10. But am completly open to an S10 as well. Try me, I am sure we could figure out the details.

There’s a lot to say about this setup, so please feel free to ask questions if I leave anything unanswered.

If you’re looking for an easy way to midi program back-up tracks into your computer, or tap into a monstrous cache of sounds but don’t have the fingers for a keyboard, here is your answer.

The Godin Multiac jazz is pretty much a 3 in one semi-hollow jazz guitar. Aside from the beautifully clear neck pick-up, it has a piezo bridge, which allows you to not only get an acoustic sound, but also plug into 13-pin digital processors (like roland and axon).

The good news is, I’ve already got the Roland GR 20 to go along with it. It’s basically a really great synthesizer (like you’d find on any keyboard) working with the 13-pin output of the guitar. It has hundreds of great sounds—everything from piano, bass, organs, strings, even percussion. All triggered just by playing the guitar. But, in my opinion, the best part about it is the midi-output. You can use it the way you would any keyboard to track midi in programs like garage band, pro tools or whatever recording software you have.

The guitar is in amazing condition and plays great. I’ve only used it my studio. However, I’m trading it because my company no longer needs as much audio production and my duties are shifting. At the same time, I just started playing steel, and we all know that is one happy addiction you just can’t get rid off.

I’d roughly put the values for each at: Guitar~ $1,400 Roland ~ $450

You can find more pictures of the rig on my flickr page here. http://flickr.com/photos/22417962@N06/sets/72157603642160424/

Thanks.[img][/img]