| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Regarding "Tab For My Weakness Is Too Strong"
Rob Segal

New York NY
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2008 12:27 pm    

Fellow Forumites and Steel Players,

At the time that John Hughey passed away I had been listening, watching, and loving his beautiful rendition of “My Weakness Is Too Strong” in a performance he did with the Time Jumpers. I felt such a sorrowful sense of loss, and such a strong wish to maintain a connection with John Hughey, that I decided to carefully study and write out the tab for that song.

Shortly after that, in the swell of postings from so many of us made in tribute to Mr. Hughey, I noticed a request on the Tablature forum for tab for the song. I responded by offering the tab, free. Since then I have received requests from, and sent it out to, fifty or more fellow steel players, all seeking like me to emulate John Hughey.

About a week ago, however, I suddenly realized that in giving this tab away I might be depriving the Hughey family of potential income, since the Hugheys do sell recorded music, tablature, and so on, from their website at www.johnhughey.com. Although they do not now, as far as I know, sell tab for “My Weakness Is Too Strong”, they might well wish to do so in the future.

Therefore, I have decided that I should not and will no longer distribute this tab.

In addition, I respectfully request that the players who have received this tab from me please refrain from distributing it to others.

I know that all the players who requested this tab did so out of the same spirit of love for John Hughey's playing that I wrote out the tab, and I don't wish anyone to feel criticized by me. I just simply realize that it would be better to let the family retain control of the legacy that John Hughey left them.

Respectfully,

Rob Segal
John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2008 9:47 am    

Yes Rob,I understand.
Too bad they don't sell that song tab (yet) !
I'd love to buy a few other things from the John Hughey Company too but as they don't take PayPal and/or credit cards, I must say that sending out a registered cheque from Europe is pretty expensive !!! Sad
I wish they could adapt their ordering policies
to the customers abroad,that would be much easier
for us to get stuff from them.